Eczema and psoriasis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Claire

Master Chef
Thank you all for your help with this one. I'm re-growing some hair and managing to keep it off of my face. As they say, you can get by with a little help from your freinds.

Claire said:
Thank you all for your help with this one. I'm re-growing some hair and managing to keep it off of my face. As they say, you can get by with a little help from your freinds.
Was there a thread that I missed? If so, could somebody point me in the right direction. TIA

OH crap. I feel for you. I just got a new cream that is working really well for me. Called lyderm in case you are interested. Winter must be on its way since everyone is starting to feel their skin break out.

Yeah, cold weather is a killer. The version I have is what one of my doctors called "grease splatter" (only in German!) -- instead of the regional version (where you have large spots of it on a few locations), I have thumb-print sized spots all over my body. It means I use a lot of the various prescriptions. I have so many steroid ointments, oils, and shampoo hanging around here to support a weight lifting team. As long as I can keep it off of my face, and retain my hair .....

I have ezcema, and dry skin. Mine pops up during the winter, and the humid summer months. I use Cortizone. It works wonders for me and my younger sister.

Cameron

Regular over-the-counter cortizone wasn't strong enough for my problems. Luckily, given a genetic pre-disposition, I recognised that I needed help fairly early on. Interesting that my docs don't really differentiate between psoriasis and eczema. AND for some reason, I didn't realize that wool is the enemy of both these diseases. I spent much of my adult life in Hawaii, Florida, and Virginia and only this past year started having these problems. Since Dad has pretty bad psoriosis, and little sis had eczema as a kid (not to mention wool allergies), when my doc took one look at me and said, "Gee, do psoriasis and/or eczema run in your family by any chance" ..... well I wasn't happy, but at least I knew what I was in for. I consider myself lucky to have made it to 50 before getting attacked. Has anyone out there tried sun lamp treatments? I'm very fair complected, and have always been religious about using sunscreen until this year (sunlight HELPS these diseases). Is it a choice between skin cancer and itching to death? Dad has a dark complexion, so sunbathes to help the condition. I'm lucky to spend a half hour outside without getting a sunburn. Grrrrr. Very frustrating.

Back
Top Bottom