Electricity Outage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shpj4

Head Chef
I was unable to gain access to our site on Friday April 13th. I live in Southern California in the San Fernando Valley. The winds were blowing so hard on Thursday that 64 thousand people were without electricity.

My electricity went out on Thursday April 12th around 1PM and did not get turned back on until Friday at about 11AM.

I kept my refrigerator closed and was very lucky that everything in the freezer did not defrost. I haven't done my weekly shopping so there were only Lean Cuisine frozen dinners in the freezer.

The refrigerator had a lot of Gatoride and Diet Coke so they were all okay.

Good thinking to leave the fridge closed as much as possible. I'm glad you didn't lose anything.

Glad things are back on for you. I've only had that happen after the Mega- Shopping spree. (i hate it when that happens). When you have to throw out king crab legs and Filet Mignon it hurts.

What sort of things did you do while the TV and Computer were gone? In our area businesses also close when there is no electricity and that also means that you cannot buy gasoline, groceries or fast food. Our traffic lights are computerized and sometimes we have experienced blackouts in parts of the city. They can sure put up temporary stop signs fast. Did anyone make a hoagie melt on the manifold of their car? Did you have enough blankets to keep warm? Did they close the schools and Courthouse? Did they set up any emergency shelters or go door to door to check on the elderly? How did you get information from the local government agencies? That was a long time to be without electricity and any information you can give will help us all. I am glad that you are okay.

Back
Top Bottom