"Ethnic " foods forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Diligence with tags, not only of ingredients but also cuisine would be needed.

Andy's idea is elegant and simple. Creating a whole slew of new forums and then getting all the recipes in the correct one could be very time consuming.

Gee, thanks, PF. I've been described as 'simple' before but never 'elegant'.

I like the world food idea. Maybe by region like southeast asian, middle eastern, North African, etc or category Jewish, halal

I think eliminating it all together would be no fun - how else will you discuss that awesome Indian meal you made? a post under baking for the naan, veggies or dairy for the saag panner, meat for the lamb curry, dessert for rosewater icecream etc

It's kind of like a index I guess. You would put your post where it most makes sense for you.

It does seem it maybe better to eliminate the ethnic forum altogether and put the recipes into the meat (or vegetables) categories.

Then there's dishes that can be made with either chicken, pork, or beef!

I agree stir fry recipes should be a category. One place to search for ideas for add-ins as well as sauces.

I have an idea - let's just take all the recipes and put them in one big forum and have everyone enter search words that may be in the title or body of the recipe. That way you would get everything pork that may be chicken instead, a dish that is Asian made with beef or anything else; a recipe to make beer or one that uses beer in it and so on.

I am of course kidding, but that is sort of how some of the other sites (like allrecipes) work. I don't think it would work so well here....or....would it? :angel:

I am not trying to mock anyone here or belittle the situation. I am I guess more pointing out that there is no definitive answer to the problem.

Last edited:
There's always been an issue with recipes' qualifying in more than one category. I guess that's hard to avoid unless you do go with one huge recipe forum. But then you'd need a supper great search function.

There's always been an issue with recipes' qualifying in more than one category. I guess that's hard to avoid unless you do go with one huge recipe forum. But then you'd need a supper great search function.
Advanced search works quite well.

There's always been an issue with recipes' qualifying in more than one category...

That's exactly what I was getting at in my post.
It would be nearly impossible to capture all of a specific food in one food forum or one ethnicity forum. Not without having a good way to narrow it down.
And if you are going to come here and have to search you might as well use Google and not come here at all unless a recipe grabs your eye and it just happens to be here.

But this isn't a recipe forum either. It's a forum that contains recipes along with "pork chops are dry" posts.

Just wanted to say thank you for listening to my suggestion . I am sure that between us we can come up with a more up to date way to encompass world cuisine .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom