Everyone else is asleep ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Being nocturnal is one of the advantages of cats over dogs. I always had company for my insomniac hours. Actually it doesn't bother me that much, and I certainly enjoy the "sounds of silence" (my husband turns on the tv first thing, turns it off last thing). When I was gainfully employed it would drive me crazy, those sleepless nights. Now it's just a good joke for the librarian who wonders how in the heck I can read 3-4 books a week. Huh? Simply don't sleep!

i am always sure to wake my cats up in the middle of the afternoon when they're sleeping if they've decided to bite my fingers and nose when i'm sleeping.

it's petty, but fair...

lordy, i wish that worked with mine. charlie is the culprit. he seems to know when i am almost at deep sleep. then he scratches the side of the bed. it wakes me up and i throw him out of bedroom. thomas hides while :LOL:his occurs. he waits til i am in deep sleep, then he cries to get out. they drive me crazy. if i shut them out before i fall asleep, they scratch at the door. thomas wants to lay next to me and then thrashes his tail on the bed. it is an on going battle and i think i am the loser. :ROFLMAO:

It's 10:22 here - Dad and our little dog our asleep in his room, DH and our bigger dog are asleep in our room....Violet no doubt is curled up on my side. I am waiting for a load of towels to finish in the dryer and have a little bit of final touches on their breakfast (and DH's lunch) prep. I love this time. I have to take my pills a half hour before going to bed or my muscles spasm and I can't get to sleep.

I watch television if there is something I've taped from the Food Network, spend time here at DC, read, and have even been known to bake. Our Townhouse is built in an "L" shape and the kitchen is separated from the bedroom all by french doors so I don't bother anyone whether in the living room, kitchen or office. Only thing I can't do is sew because that is in our bedroom...on DH's side of the room.

Claire I hear you about doggie bathroom trips. They always seem to pick 2 minutes after I have gotten settled in bed as the time they need to go!

Well, tonight doggie and I had the same cycle. I woke first and she just trotted after me. I'm up for at least a couple of hours (it was 3 a.m., now 4). She's resting, but not asleep. My house is an old (1854) shotgun-style house, and in the winters waking in the wee hours really helps with the plumbing (keeping it from freezing by running a load of laundry in the washer) and in the summer getting a load of drying done before that end of the house heats up is a plus. There are advantages to insomnia!

Back
Top Bottom