Everything tastes yucky!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

attie

Sous Chef
I haven't had a cigarette for a week and most of my favourite foods taste terrible, will this trend continue and I fall away to a shadow of my original self :rolleyes: The only thing that's holding me together is my Vegemite on toast. :)

Hang in there attie!
It will be worth it in the long run.
Your taste buds have to remember how to
work again. So did mine... but stuff tastes great again!

Way to go for not smoking even though your food tastes horrible. It sounds to me like if you are willing to go through that then you are serious about quitting and it will really work. That is excellent!!!

It will get better and food will start to taste good again. For some it even ends up tasting better. It did not for me, but it tasted just as good as when I did smoke.

Give it time. You will be happy in time.

Try to imagine too that the only reason things are tasting so yucky is probably because your body is giving off toxins like mad. Once when I was pregnant I had a very weird thing happen to me. I couldn't taste anymore. It only lasted about 3 days, but if I hadn't been pregnant I would just have stopped eating. We don't realize how motivating good taste is until we don't have it anymore. At least you're not getting fat like some people do when they quit. Hang tough, you've got a good start under your belt.

It takes time for your physical addiction to nicotine to disappear and for your tastebuds to regrow. Both will happen and you'll be glad they did in another week or two.

You need a big hug and pat on the back..Way to go...It took me a few weeks to get past the no smoking phase and for things to smell and taste better..It's been just about a year now and I'm so glad I quit...
kadesma:)

Small price to pay, Attie. And kudos to you for quitting. Its a horrible habit-biggest mistake of my life (to this point :LOL:)

But, FWIW, you've got me thinking about trying to quit, so for that, thanks!!

attie, you're doing the right thing. Congratulations! In the meantime, if things don't taste good to the point you're not eating them, force yourself to get something down We have products like Ensure, a nutritional substitute - not certain it's available to you. Remember to keep hydrated. If you can only consume a few bites at a time, it is better than not consuming at all.

Wishing you the best!

Back
Top Bottom