Ex-Red Sox Player Roger Clemens Listed Among Steroid Users.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The WWE and CEW are also supposed to have a zero-toerence rule against the use of steroids.

until the ratings drop. who's kidding whom thinkming that most pro wrestlers are clean.

but again, that misses the point. it's still entertainment! we wouldn't have any decent music if not for drugs and alcohol. and i'm talking from beethoven to the beatles.

however sportsmanship and fair play are supposed to be one and the same.

i dispise trash talking and endzone dances as much as i dispise steroid use, but that's taking this thread to another level, another discussion.

Personally, I sometimes find the endzone dances the most entertaining part of a football game! :)

(probably not the point either, huh, BT? ;))

Hey! This could be one of our "streams-of-consciousness" threads!

Lee

lol, qsis.

you just like the tight pants on large men.

as far as trash goes: if you play hard, running or skating as hard as you can into a brick wall of a man, hoping to go through him by sheer will, you shouldn't need to show off.

sports are supposed to be a show of athleticism, as well as grace and beauty. you can't be graceful if you're being an a$$.

Be that as it may, the illegal use ofr steroids is considered to be a recreational drug.
No I do not think that is correct Corey. Recreational drugs are used for recreation. In other words they are used for fun. These athletes are not taking steroids because it makes them high. they are taking them to enhance their abilities.

No I do not think that is correct Corey. Recreational drugs are used for recreation. In other words they are used for fun. These athletes are not taking steroids because it makes them high. they are taking them to enhance their abilities.

Yes I know, but they are still being, or are about to be held accountable.

I find it interesting that no player has made a statement of innocence other than Roger Clemens.

I find it interesting that the title of this article labels Clemens as "Ex-Red Sox" instead of "Yankees pitcher".

Lee

Andy - It's still early.

Lee - Tell me about it?! What's up with that?

Corey - I'm sorry, but your digging a deeper hole. You really need to understand the steroid issue before you can make comments.

LOL - Jeekinz ... and it's even a little more complicated than that.

Anabolic steroids were originally oil based - and stayed in the system longer - I don't remember exactly but it seems it was 2-6 weeks. When they started doing the routine or "surprise" random urine tests - they found a way to make them water based ... so given a weeks advance notice of your surprise test - they could flush out of the system in about 5 days and test negative.

Now the move is to shift over to Human Growth Hormones (GH, HGH or hGH - depends on the author of the paper) that do basically the same thing ... but are not detectable in a urine test.

These jerks (players) don't get it - while baseball is first and foremost a game, which the owners have always worked hard to turn into a cash-cow business, it's also like our Mother's and Sisters .... it should always be pure, inviolate and above reproach. I don't expect that from any other sport ... but, they are not baseball!!!

Sorry .... can anybody tell I'm a baseball fan??? ;)

Every single one of them should have the same penalties and results as the runner did...
take away their awards, remove them from the record books and ban them from life from the sport and all other professional sports.

scum.

wow, that's a bit rough.

i mean, they only cheated. they may have damaged the integrity of the sport, but they didn't kill anyone.

i agree they need to have awards and records taken away, and they should be banned from the hall of fame. but only if there's actual proof. this thing could become the biggest witch hunt in sports history, making matters worse for the sport itself.

we are, after all, americans who are supposed to be innocent until proven guilty.

much more needs to be investigated on this matter before the cleat drops.

There are supposed to be very stiff swift and severe penalties in place for the illegal use of steroids.

Let's see now if they'll step up to the plate, put their foot down and punish those abusers to the max. They've been talking the talk, now let's see if they'll show some tough love and authority and walk the walk!!

Corey, the team owners and managers are just as much to blame. There's no cquestion they all knew what was going on. Men just don't bulk up like the Million Dollar Man overnight without "help." After the strike, Major League Baseball was in TROUBLE and all those enhanced performances helped to sell the game back to the fans.

Hard to believe so many egos bought the use of the drugs that have already killed some of them and no doubt will severely shorten and/or affect the quality of later life for many others.

I thnk the team owners are as culpable as the players.... maybe more so.

20 Yankees on the list????? Don't tell me Steinbrenner didn't know!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom