Exceptional skill

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
I saw last weekend's episode of Iron Chef America with Mr. Morimoto as the chosen Iron Chef. And I remember the thread where different Iron Chef's were talked about, with the consensus being that Mr. Mario Balto was considered the best of these with the others not really measuring up.

Morimoto faced an Asian lady with a good English Accent. The theme was Tofu. Let me just say that this was the first show on FTN in a long time that excited and inspired me. The food combinations and presentations that were put together were somewhat traditional, but breathtaking, from both chefs.

Maybe in the world of strange ingredients and absolute improvisation, Morimoto will sometimes fall short. But both he and his challenger returned to their roots and made dishes that were second to none in the world. They were extraordinary IMO.

I was impressed, and I'm not one who is impressed easily. And I'll leave it at that.

Goodweed of the North

Last edited:
I saw that one Goodweed - those actually seemed like dishes I would want to try. EXCEPTIONALLY nice presentations if I recall correctly. One of the few where I didn't know who would actually win as they both created some extrodinary dishes. Yes, that was a show that I remember - it was as if I could taste what they made when they were describing it.

For tofu, I thought BOTH were exceptional. I LOVE IC three tiered "chest" of plates. And Tofu Cheese cake, man, who woulda thunk it. All in all, a very AWESOME battle.

I agree, one of the better episodes, as of late.

TATTRAT said:
For tofu, I thought BOTH were exceptional. I LOVE IC three tiered "chest" of plates. And Tofu Cheese cake, man, who woulda thunk it. All in all, a very AWESOME battle.

I agree, one of the better episodes, as of late.

That tiered chest of plates was the MOST beautiful presentation I've ever seen! I can't wait to run across that episode again. I just googled ironchef tofu battle and there is a download - I have no idea how safe this video is and I'm certainly not going to download it!

Back
Top Bottom