Family Traditions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Addie

Chef Extraordinaire
Do you have any family traditions that are passed down from generation to generations? It could be a family name, food that is cooked at all family gatherings...

In our family, it is a First Time Event Knife.

We have a glass knife that my grandparents cut their wedding cake with during the 1800's. It is very delicate. My parents, me, my sister, all our kids, grand kids and now great grandchildren have cut their wedding cake also. We have cut baptism cakes, graduation cakes, etc. The blade is quite worn so only the first slice is done. When the photographs are being taken, we insist one of the knife be taken to show that it was at that event. The knife was used at my son's wedding and then again at the first birthday of his son.

I have my great-great aunt's promise ring. It's a small diamond in a beautiful gold ring with scroll work on the sides. It has been passed from aunt to niece in the family. When my niece gets to age 16, she'll get it from me for her birthday. I got it from my great-aunt on my 16th.

I have my great-great aunt's promise ring. It's a small diamond in a beautiful gold ring with scroll work on the sides. It has been passed from aunt to niece in the family. When my niece gets to age 16, she'll get it from me for her birthday. I got it from my great-aunt on my 16th.

I would wait until she was 18. Teenagers today tend to not understand the value of something so precious. It sound beautiful. :)

I trust her. She is a wonderful girl and very thoughtful. I also trust her mom (my sister) to reinforce the significance.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom