Favorite Aerospace company.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
buzzard767; I notice the tag-line at the bottom of your posts - "If it aint Boeing, it aint going".

To me, that is a statement that just begs to be challenged. I was a sailor for ten years, a "brown-shoe" Aviation Electronics Technician". I need only name a few aircraft to state my case; Gruman F14 tomcat; Mcdonnel-Douglas FA/18 Super Hornet; Lockheed-Martin F22 RAptor (Ok. So Boing helped with this one, a little;)) ; Lockheed-Martin F117 Nighthawk; Lockeed SR71 Blackbird; Lockheed S3 B Viking; Lockheed P38 Lightning (had the most kills in WW2, was the premier air-superiority aircraft of its era); Lockheed-Marting F35 Joint Strike Fighter (won against the competing Boing F32 Joint Strike Fighter). Need I say more? And has Boing got a world famous design group like Lockheed "Skunkworks", ar a name better recognized in aviation history than Kelly Johnston? I don't think so.

Yep, go make your 747's. At Lockheed-Martin, they make the fastest, most successful aircraft on the planet, and have been doing so for ov er 50 years. And I did the electronics overhaul of the U.S. Navy's D.S.R.V while employed with Lockheed Advanced Marine Systems which later became integrated into Locheed Missiles & Space Div.

One more thing; Lockheed_Martin has developed Stealth ships for the U.S. Navy. Does Boing make any water-based craft? Oh, I guess not. Sorry 'bout that.

Ok. I'll be good now and admit that Boing makes the best comercial passenger planes on the planet (though the Lockheed Tri-Star jets were a great plane too). I'd be willing to say that Lockheed-Martin and Boing are the premier aircraft companies on the planet, each in their own special niches. Lockheed's products are just sexier.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Last edited:
I'm leaving on a jet plane, don't know when I'll be back again...

Love the F14, F22, and P38... I guess I would call them sexy... I also liked the Mustang and the Warthog, but I am not sure you can call the Warthog sexy.. just really really cool!

Oh, I'd have to go with De Havilland. They make the Twin Otter. One FINE jump plane that holds about 22. Very stable, even with one engine quitting shortly after take off....

To compare aerospace companies is like comparing apples to oranges.

Lockheed Martin = Military & Space
Boeing = Commercial Aviation, some space
Cessna = Private/Business Aviation
Northrup Grumman = Space & Sea
Airbus = Commercial Aviation
Etc etc...

They all have their strong points. While Boeing competes occasionally for military aircraft (they recently lost the Air Force refueling contact to Airbus), they aren't very good at it. They should stick to their strengths in the civilian market...which they do, for the most part.

To compare aerospace companies is like comparing apples to oranges.

Lockheed Martin = Military & Space
Boeing = Commercial Aviation, some space
Cessna = Private/Business Aviation
Northrup Grumman = Space & Sea
Airbus = Commercial Aviation
Etc etc...

They all have their strong points. While Boeing competes occasionally for military aircraft (they recently lost the Air Force refueling contact to Airbus), they aren't very good at it. They should stick to their strengths in the civilian market...which they do, for the most part.

Your view of Boeing is hugely misinformed.

Half of Boeing's business is defense & space:

2nd largest defense contractor in the world behind Lockheed Martin - $32B in sales last year.

Shuttle servicing
AWACS
C-17
Sea Launch
Delta Rocket
Boeing Satellite Systems
F-18
F-15
JDAM
B-52
KC-135
RC-135
P-8 Poseidon
Major portions of the B-2
Major portions of the F-22

This is scratching the surface, I could add pages...

So the tanker competition is being challenged. The AF effectively skewed the competition in Northrup Grumman/Airbus' favor to keep them in the competition. GAO is reviewing.

BTW - Boeing just delivered the 2nd 767 based tanker to Japan. Japan has two more on order and Italy has 4 on order.

Last edited:
Wow, I coincidentally found this thread right when I was going to announce my career change. I'm heading to school to be a career pilot in a few months WOO HOO!!!! I'm tired of driving a truck. I'm tired of getting dirty. I'm tired of the lousy pay. Blah, blah, blah...

Mayby I'll hire Crewsk to be my flight attendant LOL.

I'll be the First Officer! I'd be a pilot, but I failed the color vision test. :( I haven't tried the light-gun test, but I doubt that'd go any better...

Who?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Just kiddiing, YT. I'm sure (snicker) that they're a very good company. Don't they make the balsa wood toy aircrafts I used to get for ten cents when I was a kid?:LOL:

Yeh, I'm pulling your leg. I really don't know much about the company, so I can't really say anything good or bad. I only know that they aren't Lockheed.

Hope we're still freinds.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I can't really tell you the best but I sure can tell you the worst-----an ancient Fokker with a Russian guy so loaded that he "lost it" about 20 minutes in the air and tried to proposition my husband's secretary while at it. Before my husband could clobber him another handsome knight in shining armor did so. The stewardess was ready to KILL him when she saw what he had done. Thankfully he did not deboard........I think that the stewardess probably made him clean it up. I think that I lost my hearing for a week after that "noisy" flight.

Well...since I live in Seattle.. I have to say Boeing.
I have friends that work there now and others that worked there in the past.
I guess it's not the nicest place to work but, it puts food on their table.

Back
Top Bottom