Favorite fast food joint?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ladyhand

Assistant Cook
I was just thinking what's everyone fave fastfood joint? For me Hardees definately has the best burgers. If anybody out there has not tried their spicy buffalo chicken sandwich or ostrich burger they are both a must try..

Last edited by a moderator:
We went to a Hardees for the first time a coouple of weeks ago. Very disappointed in the burgers; it was like chewing on leather. Now, it may be just certain franchisees who don't know how to prepare a burger, but we probably won't go to another ne any time soon.

For fast food ,usually when we are on the interstate traveling a good distance, we stop at Wendy's for chili.

Oh this is a shameful confession that I know most of you won't understand!! Last week I had a Hamburger Happy Meal after resisting the temptation for about a month. Definately would not appreciate it if it was a steady diet but I do crave McD's about once every 2 - 3 months. I like Wendy's chili with a squirt of their hot sauce that they have in packets.

I am not a huge fan of "fast foods" period. Some fo them are ok at best the first time you eat them...It's the second time(later) that I have to eat an item that ruins it for me:sick: In my area Hardee's would be way down the list of places I would stop. In fact I think I would just opt for a Coke and p-nuts until such time I could find more platable fare.

I have to say, I do like fast food, Big Mac from McD's,and Big Boy from the same !:) - Frosty's from Wendy's ! French Dip from Arby's !

Last edited:
I like Arby's but I don't eat it much.
Wendy's is good too.
Mickey D's fries are the best.
And I like a whopper junior sometimes. (love their onion ring sauce)
I used to like Hardee's until they did away with the Roast beef sandwiches.
But White Castle is what I crave simply because we can't get it here since we moved. (The frozen ones are not the same)
Going over this list it looks like I'm a junk food junkie...LOL I'm really not, just once in a while.
Oh and I can do Taco Bell every once in a while too. Mexican Pizza!

KFC
Burger King
Pizza joints
Submarine sandwich shops
Ice Cream shops
Bakeries

to name just a few

McDonalds for their Quarter Pounder w/Cheese, Crispy Chicken Sandwich and of course their fries.

Arby's for the Chicken Bacon Swiss. Used to love going in and getting their jalapeno poppers but unfort. they don't sell those around here anymore :( .

Wendy's .... Single and Fries....the taste of this meal always reminds me of my deceased brother because he used to treat mom and I to this meal when I was young. We didn't get to go out much back then so it was always special.

Weiner Works.....I'm sure you all probably haven't heard of this place. My favorite is the Footlong Chili dog with chili, onion, mustard and cheese.... and a french fry delight w/chili, onion, sourcream and cheese..........yummy!

Boy not that its out there I realize my choices aren't the healthiest but then again it is fast food and luckily I don't eat it that often :LOL:

Andy M. said:
KFC
Burger King
Pizza joints
Submarine sandwich shops
Ice Cream shops
Bakeries

to name just a few
The only ones on this list that I would consider fast food joints would be KFC and Burger King.

I will occasionally eat at BK or Wendys. They both can be decent if you get food that is made fresh and not sitting under the lamps. Even then it is very hit or miss, but when you get one that is made well and is hot then they can taste alright.

GB said:
The only ones on this list that I would consider fast food joints would be KFC and Burger King.

I will occasionally eat at BK or Wendys. They both can be decent if you get food that is made fresh and not sitting under the lamps. Even then it is very hit or miss, but when you get one that is made well and is hot then they can taste alright.

GB:

I think you are correct. I got carried away with the fast part of the description, which applies to the preparation of the food.

The only thing I get at Wendy's is the spicy chicken sandwich, I think it's very good.

I'm a big Sonic fan, purely because they make the greatest chocolate cokes. Their tatertots with melted cheese are good too.

Sadly, there are no Sonics here. Our fave place is called Boomer's. It a local place. They have waffle fries. yum. I guess it's not exactly fast food, since they don't have a bunch of burgers sitting under heat lamps. They have a drive up and they make your order fresh.

We don't have a lot of the places around me. No Hardees or White Castle or many I see on TV.... And BK is the only show in my little town :mad:
I can eat at any of the typical ones around me except BK.... can't stand that artificial smoke flavor or whatever it is.

Where I go and what I get all depends if I'm in the mood for a Big Mac or a few dollar double cheesburgers, maybe a double cheese, lettuce, tomato, mayo from Wendys (and of course their chile).... I can handle them all :wacko: , but I absolutely LOVE Taco Bell, or like I call them, Taco he!! ;) Not as good as I make, but then what fast food is? It's more a craving than anything I think.

My name is pacanis and I'm a taco fiend :)

Every once in a while, I crave a McDonalds Quarter Pounder with Cheese, and I love their fries.
I also like Long John Silvers now and then.
Wendy's makes a good burger most of the time, and I also like their baked potatoes.

When we're traveling, we eat quite a few meals at Cracker Barrels. They're not really fast food, but one can count on a good meal there. DH and I both usually need to stretch our legs anyway.

We have a Mexican Food place, Rosas, great tacos... We don't do much fast food maybe a Chick Filet at the mall.

later

In-N-Out... or almost any Roberto's, Alberto's, Hilberto's... in So Cal!

But none of those are anywhere near me now! :(

Back
Top Bottom