Favorite quotes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.....Willy Wonka

If you think you are too small to be effective then you have never been in bed with a mosquito......Bette Reese

You Never Know Where You're Going Till You Get There... Sylvester The cat from The Bugs Bunny and friends Show

"I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar."

"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."

"Girls are like phones. We love to be held, talked too but if you press the wrong button you'll be disconnected!"

Both unknown, but funny....

Oh, almost forgot one of my favorites:

"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent......Eleanor Roosevelt

I'm a Gemini - I have a bunch of favorites ;)

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs -- jolted by every pebble in the road.

- Henry Ward Beecher

To me, boxing is like ballet, except there's no dancing, no choreography, and the dancers hit each other.

- Cary Collett

I myself have never been able to find out precisely what feminism is; I only know that people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat.

- Rebecca West, 1913

The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds the most discoveries, is not 'Eureka! I found it!' but 'That's funny...'

- Isaac Asimov

Computers are incredibly fast, accurate and stupid. Humans beings are incredibly slow, inaccurate and brilliant. Together they are powerful beyond imagination.

-=Albert Einstein=- 1879 - 1955

The mind of a bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it, the more it will contract.

- Oliver Wendell Holmes

Upon encountering a person "full" of themself, "Count yourself. You ain't so many." Buck's father.

(Thanks, Vicky. You know why.)

Even though I never got to meet Buck's father (He died before that was possible.), all I ever heard about him was super.

Of all great words of mouth or pen, the saddest are, "It might have been.".

"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan

Never eat more than you can lift. - Miss Piggy

Be nice to your children, they pick your nursing home.

Don't eat yellow snow.

Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.
- Thomas Edison

What would you try to accomplish if you knew you could not fail"

"Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it"

and finally......

"Don't go swimmin' with bowlegged women" :LOL:

"Someday, somebody's gonna ask you a question that you should say yes to, only once in your life...baby tonight, I gotta question for you."

It's actually a lyrics, about becoming engaged. My husband played the song for me right after he proposed.....

<3

OOPS Barbara and I had the same quote in mind!! LOL
ok how about this one...

"It is better to be thought of a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"When the Lord closes a door...somewhere he opens a window!"

"Just because you CAN do a thing, it does not mean that you SHOULD do a thing."

I wish that I knew who said it.

"We will NEVER need any more than that."

The above has proceded almost every advance in computer hardware.

AC

Back
Top Bottom