~Fed up with summer~

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

quicksilver

Washing Up
Is anyone else fed up with summer?
At 18:20 it was a heat index of 101 degrees, 78% humidity. And because of Tropical Storm Fay, and the still pooling water, the mosquitos are 3X as many, and 3X as big.
And who knows what Gustav is going to do.
I need a break. * 70 degrees and raining strawberries......well......I can dream, can't I?

I'm with ya QS....we had a small dose of Fay here for a couple of days....hate August and September...tired of the garden...double tired of cutting grass....triple tired of running a weed eater...this list goes on....Of course in February I'll be wishing for it....

The heat and high humidity in South Carolina keep me indoors, in the air conditioning, most of the summer. I am definitely looking forward to some cool fall weather. I love that crisp, just about to turn cold weather!

:)Barbara

Sounds more like you're tired of living in FLA, Quick.

It doesn't make a difference what the season where I live, there's always something to complain about. Except the mosquitos have been non-existent this summer.... weird....

here in southern california, we pretty much have summer all year around. often eat thanksgiving around the swimming pool.

you take a bit to get used to it and then you love it. also can't really handle cold weather anymore.

thank goodness, not much humidity.

babe:cool:

When it gets down into the 60's in winter we're all bundled up here in So Cal. Funny thing is, we can easily spot the tourists from the midwest as they would all be in shorts and t-shirts.

When it gets down into the 60's in winter we're all bundled up here in So Cal. Funny thing is, we can easily spot the tourists from the midwest as they would all be in shorts and t-shirts.

Lol, roadfix. I was one of 'em when I first came to Calif. from New Yawk. Yup, I'm so done with the heat. Sunday it was 101 deg, 'bout 97 today. One more month of heat, & hopefully it will be back to 85. Whew. Is it me, or do the Summers seem hotter & longer? Quicksilver, wanna trade & live in earthquake country? The last one was a doozey.

Roadfix, your avatar cracks me up. I want a double-double & a chocolate shake. lol

i'm not a summer person. i love winter.
too many mosquitoes, there isn't snow fer snow angels. sigh.

I can't handle this heat either! yuck! In the 90's every day this week....and counting.
And yesterday I read in the paper that we once again need to watch out for mosquitos, as the West Nile Outbreak is once again upon us. Some woman in a nearby city has already been hospitalized for it. sheesh.

I love the nights where it dips into the 30s and 40s and the days that can't seem to break 50. That's my kind of weather. I love pouring rain too. And fog.

Roadfix, I'll take a vanilla milkshake, please.

I love the nights where it dips into the 30s and 40s and the days that can't seem to break 50. That's my kind of weather. I love pouring rain too. And fog.

:shock: huh......? Days that can't break out of the fifties?!
Brrrrr. Around here those days are usually accompanied by rain. Yuk.

I'm feeling quite the opposite. I would like to keep the summer weather awhile longer. It's already starting to cool down here and I just barely started getting enough red tomatoes to do anything with! I'm afraid I'm going to lose most of my harvest!

Would you rather have your shake Neapolitan style? :mrgreen:
That's how dh orders his.
My older boy LOVES In-N-Out. Fortunately there's one a mile or two away, so he's a happy camper. I used to love it, but now I can only live vicariously through my family. (can't have soy anymore)

I love summer, but it's easy to feel that way because it's mild here in coastal San Diego. Although, yesterday the humidity was pretty high for this region--it actually poured rain for about 6 minutes. Ick. I also love the extra daylight during the late spring & summer months--I'm always saddened to see the days grow shorter as the dark months approach.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom