Festive DC fireplace

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Piccolina

Executive Chef
This image is especially dedicated to those of us who don't have a fireplace, and/or a TV so that we can watch the local cable access channel broadcast images of a blazing, festive fire round the clock. But of course everyone is totally welcome to hang out by the DC fireplace :)

img_205885_0_b47440a1a64bc6d74aa299266e98adf3.gif

*rubbing hands and putting them towards the fire* Thanks, Jessica!! In 2001, I moved to my current residence which does not have either a fire place or wood burning stove. How I miss the heat from a wood fire. The only thing I don't miss is cutting, hauling, and stacking the firewood every summer.

A couple of years ago lightening hit our ac/heat unit. We replaced the gas funace part with a heat pump which never seems warm to me. It warms the house, but I like something I can feel getting warmer on my skin. We changed our fireplace from wood burning to gas logs, but I don't enjoy it as much as before. I suppose it sounds like I'm looking at the down side of this, but I loved the instant heat before and the wood in the fireplace was much more real to me. All "progress" isn't progress to me.

SierraCook said:
The only thing I don't miss is cutting, hauling, and stacking the firewood every summer.

I used wood heat as a sole heat source for my home for many years... cutting as I went. I often found that, by the time I chopped the wood and hauled it inside, I was already quite warm and didn't need to light a fire for a while.

Emm chestnuts roasting on an open fire ...Thanks Jessica, I have my feet on the foot stool and a cup of hot spiced tea...let it snow,let it snow, let it snow.

kadesma:)

Back
Top Bottom