Finally!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No amount of prodding or ridicule can make me do it! I've dug my heels in this long and it just won't happen. It makes me sad to hear you are doing something that has been against your better judgement. Facebook isn't for me for many reasons. I hope it works out for you however.

i have been signed on face book for sometime. last week i really went on for the first time. i still think it is silly and probably won't mess with it all that much.

For all the dislike Facebook gets, it certainly serves it's purpose. You can make it as private as you want it to be, and has ultimately been the best way to keep in the loop with my friends/family I have, everywhere from Amsterdam to Tokyo.

Congrats!

Barb, I will have to look you up (though I think you and James may already be on mine).

An old girlfriend of mine messaged DH and that settled it, I made the page and spent the next 2 hours talking and catching up with a girl that was one of my best friends in grammar school. I am not a person that makes friends easily so this is a good thing for me. :)

I only go there when a family member tells me by email or phone there are new pics of the grandkids. I just can't put my private business out there. And I refuse to put the names of my family out there. That is their choice to do so. Not mine. I really try to respect the privacy of others.

There is a group of friends of mine. Seven of us all together. We have met all over the country. Calif., Tenn., Georgia, Mass., La., etc. Not once have I ever typed their real name in an email, or addressing them. I have never even asked their permission to do so. I wouldn't have the audcaity to do so. As a result of my respect for their privacy, somehow I became secretary to this group. I know all their anniversaries, birthdays, kids names, birthdays, and everything else. Even their private phone numbers at work. Every so often one of them will want to send a card to another and will ask me for their address. That is all I send them. The info of that one person. And no more.

There is a member here that I have had dinner with. And I would never violate her privacy. BTW, she is a lovely and very intelligent person. I really ejoyed her company. :)

Last edited:
I use it all the time. It's not that scary once you get used to it. It's amazing some of the people I've been able to reconnect with. Friends I haven't seen in decades have sent me friend requests.

It's also a great way to keep in touch with family. I'm not a great one for picking up the phone, but it's pretty easy to post things that are going on in my life. You can target your posts to specific groups, so I can post one message for family members, a different message for co-workers, etc.

I don't do Facebook, I got tired of fending off all the friend requests from people who had no kindness for me in school. And my family, would only send me requests to play the stupid games. Frustrating.

I don't mind FB, not obsessed. I find it amusing that some of the rels and friends find the need to post every teeny, mundane and boring detail of their lives. I had to unfriend a cousin who was constantly posting his gaming status and need for points, etc. He still lives at home with his parents. Surprise.

I did like reconnecting with HS friends.

Last edited:
I don't do Facebook, I got tired of fending off all the friend requests from people who had no kindness for me in school. And my family, would only send me requests to play the stupid games. Frustrating.

I hear ya Fi this describes all but 5 people that I went to school with. Needless to say, some things are neither forgotton nor forgiven. Nobody can tell ME that I can't hold a grudge.:huh:

I'm on FB and love it. My family is scattered from Africa to the far corners of Canada and everywhere in between. Its a lovely way to keep up with everyone, and as Tattrat says, it can be as private as you wish. Mine is set up so that only folks who know my email addy can request to be my friend. I THINK if we have a friend in common I might show up that way too, but lordy, I don't accept requests from people I don't keep in touch with anyway. If we lost touch after high school, there was likely a reason for that! ;)

I do enjoy seeing my DC buddies on there. I have a few that are no longer active members here and I like to see what they're doing. Funny how you form some bonds via the internet, and really get to know people online. I'd miss those folks, and am glad to have contact with them. Tattrat, I'll have to look you up! Love all your photos, so I suspect your FB page is rife with good stuff.

DC has its own FB page, and we need more folks to post stuff there too. Here's a link if you want to get on there.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom