Finally...a trip to the hairdresser!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katie H

Site Moderator
Staff member
I live in the Heartland of the United States
Until October 2015 I usually only went to the hairdresser each June and December. But a diagnosis of breast cancer that month changed my beauty parlor schedule drastically.

Not long after my diagnosis, I had to undergo chemotherapy and, as a result, lost all of my long, long hair. Forever, it seemed, it refused to return. Even the doctor was puzzled at the lack of hair for so long.

Then, the end of this last March, it began to grow with great enthusiasm and vigor. So, this week, I decided I had enough hair for the hairdresser to cut and shape.

Today was the day and I'm feeling much more normal.

My only challenge is I am totally unused to dealing with short hair and have a LOT of learning to do. But...it's growing.

I'm really happy for you Katie!! I bet you'll never go back to long hair again after you get used to it. For one thing it's sooo much cooler. I'd never be able to stand hair touching my neck ever again. Enjoy!!

OhMyGosh Katie, what fabulous news!!!
If it were me I'd consider making an appointment with the
hair dresser to work with you one-on-one on how to
"play" aka style your new do.
Like different products, styling tools, how to use them, etc.
Have fun with it!
Oh, and a real cool color, like pink or purple or blue! (temporarily to start with ;))
Missus Dear Friend tried those feather thingies in my hair one time,
WAY cool!

Hi Katie,
I hope you are doing well with your diagnosis, cancer is just.. well you know. I don't know if you are allowed to take supplements but my hair is fine and I take biotin, it really does make a difference!
Susan

I'm really happy for you Katie!! I bet you'll never go back to long hair again after you get used to it. For one thing it's sooo much cooler. I'd never be able to stand hair touching my neck ever again. Enjoy!!

Never could get my brain around short hair. I've always found it extremely difficult to manage/maintain. Never really found it particularly cooler than my long hair. With long hair, I could always pull it up off my neck and clip it with a big claw clip.

My hairdresser is a magician and has always done a stellar job with my hair. My hair came back in the same color (black/brown) and the same texture (very thick), along with returning with its usual ultra-curliness. I've always had to put my hair on large hot rollers to straighten it out. Same now. Although, it's just barely long enough to go around a roller at this point. I've been using a curling iron and, for me, THAT'S a real learning experience. I don't know how women use them on a constant basis. I'll be glad when I can put it in the back of the bathroom closet.

Back
Top Bottom