2 days ago, we lost water to the house. I was hoping it was just the pressure control switch, which is only about %15. So, we replace the switch and it didn't resolve the issue. The well pump still wasn't pumping water to the house. I was afraid that maybe the pump went bad, which would have cost about 4 to 5 hundred dollars. The other possibility, or so I thought was thatwiring from the house, connected to the wiring to the pump cold have gone bad, rubbing agaoins the casing from the pump torque-twist, and shorted out against the casing. The only way to determine the failure was to pull the pump from 90 feet down.
My son enlisted the help from one of his friends, and with my electrical knowledge and troubleshooting skills, we found that the neither the pump, nor wiring was bad. What had happened is that the pipe clams, had loosened up from the pump connector to the hose that carried the water up the casing and into the house. The pump was working, but was just pumping water right back into the well.
My son is purchasing new pipe clamps, hermetic, non-solder connectors, and new rope to carry the weight of the pump. He will be back in about a half hours, and will put it all back together.
In two days, we had to purchase about 20 gallons of water to keep the house running. But we will again have running water on the house tonight. And, it dint cost me several hundred dollars for the fix. I needed a break. I got it. Prayers are answered, IMO.
Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North