Finally Something Positive

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Callisto in NC

Washing Up
Since the year began as much as I haven't been stressed because I hated my previous job, things haven't been yippy skippy being unemployed. They've been really kind of bad to be honest.

However, today I got the copy of the money order stolen off my door Christmas Eve (my rent). It was cashed by a local business at a local bank. I chose to go to the bank to inquire why they would allow a depositor to cash an altered check endorsed without verifying ID. She explained how it could have happened but took copies of all my documents which included the money order, my ID, the police report, and my lease that had my landlords real signature on it. She took my number and said she's call me after talking to the business. Fair enough. Having recently been falsely accused I wanted to at least give the business a chance.

About an hour after my visit to the bank, I got a call and they had called the business and the business believes me 100% and I get to go to the bank tomorrow and get my money. The office manager of the business knows who used the money order to pay and noted that he hasn't been around in a while so she believes me. It's nice for something to finally go right.

The only question I have is how did he get it. It was taped to my front door. If it blew off and he found it, why not return it to me? If he came to my door and stole it, what kind of person is he? The office manager described the vehicle he drives so now I have this "big black truck with bulldogs on the side" to look for and wonder why anyone would do such a thing. I do admire the business for repaying me I just hope they are far more careful next time.

It's just nice to have a day where something went right.

Good for you Callisto! I'm glad that worked out for you. I know you've been through some stuff here lately and good news is always a Blessing.

Good ending! I recently had my debit card # stolen. I believe a waitress copied it at a resturaunt, only thing I can think of. The bank was great as well as the online store she shopped at. I still don't know to this day if she was caught, but I got my money back with no questions asked. Glad you got your money.

Having worked in banking for many, many years, there's a lot of dishonest folks out there. I'm very glad to hear your news. Hopefully, this is when your luck takes a good turn!

I'm glad it worked out. :cool: My last trash pickup guy wanted the checks taped inside the trash can lid, and I was never comfortable with that. It might be better to just take it to the manager from now on. Here's to a better year!

:)Barbara

Wow, I'm sure that money means alot to you right now. I'm so glad you recovered it, and kudos to you for having the persistence to follow through. Thanks for sharing your good news.

The company that accepted the check called me this morning and they are going to press charges against the guy that gave them the money order because he took it off my door like he did.

Callisto, can you hear my sigh of relief for you? What a stressful thing to happen. I can only imagine how I would feel if that were me!

Glad you had a happy ending.

Back
Top Bottom