Finding old friends

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Claire

Master Chef
Have any of you looked for old friends on the internet? I've been looking for a friend for many years and finally found her! Tell me about how you managed to find them, because I looked for years before I finally got her!

I found a number of old friends through Facebook. The most notable was a friend who lives in Israel who I had not talked to in about 25 years.

I have used The White Pages...it is a website that has the phone directory of the whole US. I have also used databases on Ancestry.com that lists many such directories. Or just goggle the persons name.

I think face book may have been, indirectly, how I found her. I found her son through the Air Force Academy. It was ridiculous given that I had no idea that she even HAD a son. But he mentioned some names and I followed up. Not too many people my age who I know have facebook sites. It was very convoluted and it is still rather funny that I found her at all.

I found my 99 year old grandmothers childhood friend. They grew up in Plankinton, SD.

Amazing what a few minutes on google can get you!

I guess I should say that I'm 54 years old, and was looking for a gal I knew when I was 12. The fact that I found her was a quirk, and my parents were friends with her parents, so Mom and Dad are tickled.

My ex sister in law found me thru my son . They both are on Facebook and he gave her my email addy.

Back
Top Bottom