Fly birdies, fly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VeraBlue

Executive Chef
While this could easily be about the proliferation of winter black birds that have inundated my neighbourhood a la Alfred Hitchcock, instead it's about my kids:-p....

And the fact that niether of them will be home this weekend:brows:. My daughter, back at her dorm since 2 January stopped by for two days during the week, so she's back in the city. My son, who commutes to school is going snowboarding with friends for the weekend, leaving in 5 hours!

This leaves the entire house from Friday morning till Sunday evening for Lou and I alone alone alone alone! Keep in mind, these are big kids, 21 and 18 and usually galavanting about with their own krewe...but you never really know when they are going to show up. If I make a romantic candlelight dinner (and I do, every weekend) one or both will show up mid flicker looking around like starving pups.

I love them dearly and always want them around, but godonacrutch, they always seem to be around!! We're all very close, this peyton place of a family I have, but a bit of space is good, too, yes?
I'm getting some space this weekend.

Lassiez le bonne temps roule!!!!

What would you do?????:blush:

VeraBlue....

I change my mind!! I do have an answer!! Enjoy every minute of it! Time will come when you wish they would stop by...Trust Uncle Bob!! Trust me...enjoy them...savor every moment of it!!...

Good advice this is.....;)

I didn't realize how much I enjoyed my boys popping in for anythingfrom dinner to tools to just chilling, until I moved 10 hrs away. I miss it so much.

BUT - sounds like a super great weekend! Geez, you can even make it clothing optional. :ROFLMAO:

VeraBlue said:
...What would you do?????:blush:

Let's see. That romantic interlude would pretty much take care of Saturday PM. Cocktails, dinner, fire in the fireplace, champagne and dessert on the hearth.

Sunday, leisurely breakfast while reading the Sunday paper, followed by the NFC championship game between the Saints and the Bears then the grand finale!

Patriots vs. Colts.

VeraBlue I can totally relate to your dilemna and to Jan's. My girls live too far away to just drop by. I really miss seeing them as often as I'd like.

My "kids" are our friends here in the marina. We've figured out a signal - turn off the light on the forward deck, close all the blinds, and dim the lights inside. If we don't they'll stay here until the booze or wine is gone and I've figured out how to stretch dinner for two to feed a crew!:neutral: :wacko:;)

Lock the doors - put the phone on do not disturb - and have a blast! It'll be so much fun for you and Lou!:LOL:

Half Baked said:
I didn't realize how much I enjoyed my boys popping in for anythingfrom dinner to tools to just chilling, until I moved 10 hrs away. I miss it so much.

BUT - sounds like a super great weekend! Geez, you can even make it clothing optional. :ROFLMAO:

That, my darling is the nail on the head...indeed, clothing optional:angel:

How about some time in the tub/hot tub together and then a nice massage, beginning with your feet? Very sensuous. Lots of low light/candles and your favorite music playing softly. Think of teasing ALL your senses. Could end up being a rather memorable weekend. Enjoy!!

Katie E said:
How about some time in the tub/hot tub together and then a nice massage, beginning with your feet? Very sensuous. Lots of low light/candles and your favorite music playing softly. Think of teasing ALL your senses. Could end up being a rather memorable weekend. Enjoy!!

What are you doing inside my head??

For the record.....there are easily 20 candles burning downstairs right now...and up the staircase as well. Not a light on in the house. The hot tub and yard, always festooned with christmas lights is a relaxing 101 degrees.

I made cinnamon rolls for breakfast tomorrow morning, and there is a bottle of champagne in the fridge, next to the orange juice. Coffee beans are already in the pot, just waiting for the water and 'on' button.

Pleasant dreams:angel:

Back
Top Bottom