For Guys Only

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
Ok, this is in response to an innocent post by Constance (a lovely lady who posted that she was going to have a fun night with a freind who was cooking for her) by some of the women here on DC. They planned a virtual women only get together at Constance's house. And they left us men out. Sure, force your way into men's clubs, crying unfair, sexual discrimination,:rolleyes: .

Well I say we plan a virtual fishing trip with all the fixin's for a grand time away from our ahem, better halves.:mrgreen: We need fishing poles, huge tackle boxes filled with lures that will never touch water, a few good cast iron pieces to cook with, and all the fresh trout we can clean and eat. Anybody with me? When and where are we going to meet, and guys, let's make this a virtual guy's paradise. You don't even have to bring a razor. But please, bring soap and clean under-wear.:ROFLMAO:

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I'm a little worried that you are concerned with my underwear (we'll just sleep in different tents), but for the fish I will bring S & P, cornmeal, and shortening.

vagriller said:
I'm a little worried that you are concerned with my underwear (we'll just sleep in different tents), but for the fish I will bring S & P, cornmeal, and shortening.

Just hoping everyone will practice reasonable hygiene, you know, clean socks, underwear, etc. I've been to some deer camps... "Nuff said about that.

And yes, I do prefer my own tent thank you.

In a virtual world campsite, do we need to worry about odors at all? Hmmmm.

Neah, I'm going to go see if I can go join the women. Call me a girly man, but some how company of "silly" women is more fun than fishing. :rolleyes:

vagriller said:
You're single aren't you.

I just read an interesting quote:
"I am" is reportedly the shortest sentence in the English
language. Could it be that "I do" is the longest sentence?

I'm with vagriller. I can think of a number of better excuses to waste time/drink beer. Heck, I'd even put a Mariners game above fishing.

so bring your battery-powered tv, vyapti. I think Weed's key words were "away from our ahem better halves".

I'm thoroughly in favor of Boys Night or Weekend Out. Every species needs to bond with their own kind on occasion.

vagriller said:
Yeah, I saw you mention your wife in the salsa thread. Sometimes its just good to get away with the guys.

It is, but fishing is not my thing. If it was some cigar smoking and shmusing I am all for it. (wink) (we need a wink here!)

CharlieD said:
It is, but fishing is not my thing. If it was some cigar smoking and shmusing I am all for it. (wink) (we need a wink here!)

CharlieD, you can shmooz and smoke all the cigars you want, while those of us that like to wet a line will do just that. And if you can manage it, bring out a pool table for all of us, and a portable generator to power the light above it, and of course a good tarp to protect us from any weather.

The idea is to get away from work, adn any other pressure that we have to carry on a daily basis. But if you want to stay with the women, well, I won't hold you back.

Goodweed of the North said:
And if you can manage it, bring out a pool table for all of us, and a portable generator to power the light above it, and of course a good tarp to protect us from any weather.

Sounds like you all need a hotel with a bar, by a fishing hole.:LOL:

Half Baked said:
Sounds like you all need a hotel with a bar, by a fishing hole.:LOL:
Wasabi, that's he-man women haters:-p. And Half Baked, I have never liked bars. All anybody does in a bar is get drunk. I am way to active to let alcohol slow me down.

But I'll take a cliff, a cable, and a slide for life into a good swimmin' hole, to go along with the fishing of course. And it would be cool to have a good virtual dirt bike and some awe inspiring trails too.

Any of you real men up for skiing on iced roads wearing hard-soled shoes, towed by the best driver of course (and I don't know any of your driving skills so we'll have to figure that one out). After all, this is a virtual world. We can do anything we want. And me, I want my 22 year-old body back for this outing, of course with my current knowledge and a perfect memory.:mrgreen: And with that 22 year-old body, and the things I've learned over the years, let's just say that you women better watch out. Cause in the words of one mask wearer, in this virtual world, I'm ssssmokin'. Why, I can even use improper English.

Hey CharlieD. Where's them steaks?

Last edited:
mudbug said:
so bring your battery-powered tv, vyapti. I think Weed's key words were "away from our ahem better halves".

I'm thoroughly in favor of Boys Night or Weekend Out. Every species needs to bond with their own kind on occasion.

Plus we women get a break............:angel: . :-p thats for not inviting me :)

SizzlininIN said:
[/b]

Plus we women get a break............:angel: . :-p thats for not inviting me :)
You'll just have to make sure we change your oil and take out the trash before we go:-p

umm, when are all of the women gonna leave so we can have some peace and quiet around here (save the occasional gastrointestinal instrumental?)

gw, chuck me a cold one.

img_297901_0_bfca16cf59648ca90930ee554a86ebc3.gif
I can catch a hint...........leaving now.

oh, wait, wasabi, i didn't say chicks in bikinis had to leave, just the ones talking too much...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom