Found a mess load of Ants in the Maple Syrup today....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kleenex

Master Chef
That was after the pancakes were made and were ready to eat:sick:

Had to eat them with no maple syrup today:(

kleenex said:

Well shucks Kleenex, you mean you don't like a little protien with your Maple syrup???:LOL:

kadesma

ewwwwwwwww!!

And I know you must have been bummed to have no syrup cause I would have cried!!!

Gotta have the maple with pancakes!!

Reminder

HOw upsetting!! Those little pests come in when you least suspect them. Especially when they all are marching in. They really work, I'll say that.

This reminds me when my mother tried to console me about discovering some kind of pests in my kitchen. She told me on the farm they had no screens and she had to eat the food fast before all the flies did. Won't forget that. Sounds gross. Knowing where those flies have been! Before that, I had never thought about no screens! The ants can get in any way.

How in the world did they get in there in the first place? The bottle had to have been left open.

Yes, it IS a known fact that ants are attracted to sugar, honey, syrup or anything else sweet.

Last summer, after putting a cereal bowl that I've eaten cereal from in the kitchen sink, when I came back to wash it later, I'd find ants in it! Ants were somehow getting in the house.

The only solution is to put down some ant traps or get some insecticide for them.

kleenex: You should start shopping some where else! It is not funny to buy a product loaded with ants.

I have bought canisters of drink mix that came fully loaded with ants. :mad:

Corey123 said:
I hope that you took it back to where you bought it!

No, I took my business else where. Let them go figure!!!

I Bought four different flavors off a pallet display. Tells you how many other customers took home ants!

The sale price was .79 cents each (off brand). The off brand at the other stores was $2.29.

Just show your friends and neighbors and that will help more than any consumer report that you ever fill out!

StirBlue said:
kleenex: You should start shopping some where else! It is not funny to buy a product loaded with ants.

I used half of it before the ants got into it.

kleenex said:

Don't forget - you can always melt together some butter and brown sugar - It's quite the little substitute when in a pinch! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom