Foxsports: Kobayashi hopes to compete on 4th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kleenex

Master Chef
FOX Sports on MSN - More Sports - Kobayashi hopes to compete on 4th

Takeru Kobayashi, who says he hopes to overcome a painful jaw condition in the upcoming Nathan's hot dog eating championship, said he also wants to return to Chattanooga's Krystal hamburger eating contest in the fall.

Kobayashi said this week that misaligned wisdom teeth and his voracious competitive eating career have led to painful arthritis in his jaw.

In a phone interview using a translator from his New York hotel, he told the Chattanooga Times Free Press that he can only open his mouth to the width of two of his fingers.

"Right now, it's not so good, but I've been talking to professionals and taking their advice," Kobayashi said. "They've been giving me exercises for relaxing the muscles and giving me some things I can do to relax and heal my jaw."

The Japanese eater heads to New York's Coney Island on Wednesday looking to win his seventh consecutive title at the Fourth of July International Hot Dog Eating Contest at Nathan's Famous.

He lost his hot dog record five weeks ago to American Joey Chestnut, who ate 59 1/2 dogs to Kobayashi's 53 3/4.

This will suck big time if he can't compete.

Back
Top Bottom