France to force big supermarkets to give unsold food to charities

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Figures that there would be a CY...B provision. :mrgreen: Danged lawyers.

...And it's not danged lawyers...
...lawyers are not always to blame...
...I hear people bemoaning lawyers...

For crying out loud people, did you NOT see :mrgreen: ? I was joking. In fact, a neighbor is a lawyer. You know what he does when something goes wrong, or a government entity does something stupid? He blames the lawyers!

You guys all have your panties in a bunch lately. Everyone is back to snipping, and venting about too much. And just acting crabby. Take a deep breath and relax.
smiley-rolleyes010.gif

You guys all have your panties in a bunch lately. Everyone is back to snipping, and venting about too much. And just acting crabby. Take a deep breath and relax.
smiley-rolleyes010.gif

My point is that the law has nothing to do with lawyers, so your comment (even if it were a joke) didn't make sense.

Some lawyers take the lawyer-blaming/bashing personally. I don't though :)

My point is that the law has nothing to do with lawyers, so your comment (even if it were a joke) didn't make sense.

Some lawyers take the lawyer-blaming/bashing personally. I don't though :)
Aren't a lot of the politicians, who draft the laws, lawyers?

Yes. If they're not, their staffs include lawyers. Who better to write the laws? You can't write a law without understanding how other laws, court decisions and the Constitution affect or constrain it. That's what lawyers are for.

That was my line of thinking.

I have nothing against lawyers. It was a joke. And now I'm going to unsubscribe from this thread and forget it exists. Once again, a thread goes way OT and spirals downward. I apologize for any contribution I may have made.

In Germany there are institutions that go and collect food from supermarkets in order to give it to paupers. They get food of which the sell-by date is expired. The institutions who pass this food on are called "Tafelrunde(n)" (the German translation of "Round Table") There are many poor people in Germany... people who are on the dole and also more and more pensioners...

I would just like to praise the fine supermarket, Waitrose for having food bank donation points in their stores (past the check outs). Wonderful!
icon_cheers.png

Schulz

Hi, the name is Schulz. (That's actually my real name too. "Banneke" is my nom de plume)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom