"French Toast" Storm Coming..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
12-to-14 inches.............. first time in a long, long time when we got TWO nor'easter's in the same winter...........:LOL:

What is a "French Toast" storm, you might ask ??

It's one where you need to go right now and buy bread, milk, eggs..........:LOL:

Hey, what are the chances that the interstates in your area will be relatively clear by Sunday afternoon?

If you're talking I-95 and the Pa. turnpike, they will keep them clear through the night and tomorrow...........I'm not sure how well New Jersey does with 295 or their turnpike.......
If you are talking the Northeast extension or interstate 80.........fuggettabouttit !

I'd be traveling up I-83 to York, then east on I-81/78 into New Jersey......

Optionally, I could go up the Jersey Turnpike....

your planned route is best.........
although a storm is predicted for the York, Hanover, Harrisburg area, they won't get the killer numbers that Jersey is expecting. I've experienced I-78 in a blizzard (1996) but not recently. My advice would be to pay the toll and travel the turnpike east from Harrisburg..........And Honk as you go past the last exit in Pa. lol

.....and PM me with a report when you get home !

Already home and hunkered down for the duration. Got the comfort food stocked and ready to cook and all the baking supplies as well. 14 - 30 inches is a WIDE margin for error so not taking any chances.

I just had a look at the latest warning:

ACCUMULATIONS... WIDESPREAD STORM TOTAL ACCUMULATIONS OF 20 TO 30 INCHES... WITH SOME LOCATIONS IN EXCESS OF 30 INCHES.

Good golly miss Molly!

After getting a record tying 28 inches over the weekend they are now saying another 10-20 starting tomorrow. I am not sure where we will put it all.

At least I have stuff for soup.

Already planning to stay home tomorrow...stopped by the store and they were already out of eggs and the milk and bread stock was getting kind of thin.

I went to the store late last night and there were holes. No eggs, just a big hole in the dairy case. Milk was the same way. Salad mix, bananas and bell peppers just big holes in the shelf. There were more non bread items in the bread aisle as well.

Simply amazing. Glad I already had everything I needed from the french toast. There were tons of noodles. :LOL:

It's always been amazing to me that people do this last minute run to the store. Who doesn't have milk bread and eggs in the fridge regardless of the weather? And just how long do you think you're going to be stranded in the the house and not be able to get to a store?

What amazes me is how much milk and bread people think they need, not that they have to go get it. We have milk and bread but it gets used but never consistently. I don't get needing to buy five gallons of milk the day before the storm though. Where do people store it? Goodness.

We are now in a full blown (pun!) blizzard. Baltimore City has gone to Phase 3 of the emergency plan (there is no Phase 4). At least we still have power.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom