Friday Five!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1. i got a parking ticket overnight because my town parking registration had expired. :mad: $53 bucks! gimme a break.

2. i got a free parking spot this morning at a broken meter, because all of those teeny weeny cars could not make it thru the snow that was piled up in the spot. :)

3. then dw called. i had to rush home because the smoke alarms were going off for 30 seconds or so every 10 minutes. i found one of the alarms upstairs had gotten some dust in it when we moved a hepa filter. the dust was causing the alarm to go off intermittently. :dry:

4. i stopped into city hall on my way back into work, and renewed my parking sticker and hopefully had the ticket quashed. :angel:

5. now i have to stay until 6pm, and i'm back in at midnight for another double. :huh:

BT, think yourself lucky! We have been laughing since we left London. Living in Zone 2 (ie central, but just outside the congestion charge) we paid an exorbitant amount to be able to park in our street or the surrounding halfdozen streets, 8 pounds a day each time we needed to go into the central zone, when firned svisit in cars we have to give them a resident's visitor's permit, at about a tenner a pop, but still cheaper than parking on a metre and even with all that we were averaging a ticket a month, at 60 pounds (about 120 dollars today) a pop. Plus our vehicle tax, our astronomical insurance and fuel taxes ARGHHHHH. I ge5t the idea, we should all be using public transport in the city, and essentially ZI agree with that but DH said the cost of public transport has shot up this year too. non card holders two pounds for a single bus journey!!!! almost enough to stop me being homesick!

hmmmmm..okay
1. it is nice and sunny outside today,nice to feel the warmth through the window.
2.My honey is home for the weekend:)

3.don't have to cook tonight because we have leftover chicken stew
4.sometime(hopefully)this weekend we are going out for a nice Greek dinner (one of my all time favorite foods)
5.everyone is happy & healthy (but me on the healthy part) & Jake is so happy to have daddy home

i hope everyone else here at DC has a good friday as well

1. lulu, i've heard about the extra vehicle fees and taxes that are surcharged in london.

2. are the surcharges just for a section of the city, or for all of london?

3. they're thinking of doing that south of 72nd street here in nyc.

4. i'll just park above 72nd and skate into work if i have to.

5. i work on 57th, so it's not far.

(lol, hey, it's the friday five, right?)

1. glad you heard
2. They are being extended to cover the areas of west kensington and chelsea this year, cuurently they run over the city of london (the financial district) and as far north as Marylebone (go on....I wanna know how that would be pronounced by americans!). Its a sizable portion of zones 1 and two, but not as far north as south.
3. I wanna swear. Poor south of 72nd street. Its driven a lot of the independant shops that were hanging on by the skin of their teeth out of business. I know I am not backwards about my green tendancies but the congestion charge how it was presented in London was not effective, and speaking as a woman with a somewhat dangerous job in UK, not driving away from court has occasionally put me in some "danger" from clients.
4. well, your underground system is better than ours. I told my F-i-L (who lives in Greenwich village) that my s-il and B-i-l should learn to drive at some point....he told me "noone drives in NY..there is too much traffic" and could not understand why I got the hiccups from laughing so much
5. And NYC is flat right? Marching up the hill from Euston to Hamsptead almost kills me!

Thank goodness I'm away for the Saturday six this week....thank goodness we don't have a Monday number...the first number in English beginning with M I can think of is a million!

cooking, visiting, seeing, holding, & cuddling a new baby, discusscooking, adult beverages.

ITS FRIDAY!!!! YAY! :punk:

1. The sun is out, this is quite shocking since I'm in England!
2. I'm making a delicious Indian dish for dinner.
3. We get to watch Heroes later!
4. I'm baking a chocolate cake from scratch (first time in years!)
5. I have to mop the kitchen floor later :ninja:

Hope you all have a lovely, fabulous Friday!!! :)

1. Going through facial tissue papers like mad, as the accursed annual spring allergy has started in full force.:wacko:
2. Making a new music compilation for Pedro, our new Pump instructor
3. Sorting out various files on the puter as some HDs are getting full
4. Going to the market and get some vegs and fruits
5. Gym time at 18, followed by dinner at Rita's, our friend nearby.

1. Had a nice wellness morning
2. and a nice cleaning morning...
3. I'm waiting for the insurance expert to view the damages in our flat due to the missing roof
4. sun is coming through the fog
5. have to go shopping.. almost nothing to eat and no coffee!

rofl cara. i guess #3 facilitates #4. ;)

ok, my five:

1. i got up late, and got off to work even later because i promised dw i'd do the dishes downstairs, and put away a load of cat food that i picked up yesterday.

2. gotta love holiday weeks; no traffic at all, so i got in on time.

3. i walked into work this morning to a very rude phone call from the director of sydication services asking where my supervisor was, because the system that i reinstalled and configured yesterday was STILL having audio problems. i turned the system over to her dept to be checked out yesterday afternoon, not sure if everything was kosher. suddenly, it became an emergency when they finally went to use the system this morning.
i think i've fixed it now, but i may have to "run diags" on the system for a good part of the day, keeping it out of service. hee hee.
where's my pocket protector. "and the geeks shall inherit the earth"...

4. i'm off to search ebay for cell phone and digital camera stuff.

5. going to costco after work. i hope there's lots of good samples.

Last edited:
not necessarily.. :)
the workers finished their work around lunchtime today, so I hope everything will be fixed by the middle of next weeks... but nice weather would be great for, although I think the rain won't come back into our kitchen now... :rolleyes:

oh, sorry cara, didn't mean to laugh at your misfortune. i didn't realize that you were actually living there, and there's been bad weather. hope it gets fixed soon.
do you have a telescope? :ermm: (just kidding)

Waiting for the clinic to open to find out if I have strep throat.

Headache going away now (thank you gatorade)

Thankful for the good friends I have made on DC

Going to make chicken cacciatore for dinner tonight

Its snowing again. Pretty, soft, downy flakes that make everything look like fairyland until you try to drive on it. EEK. Maybe I'll walk to the clinic!:LOL:

Drinking my morning coffee.

Lily is sleeping nicely beside me.

Steak and baked potatoes for dinner. ( I think)

Dinner with friends tomorrow and I can't wait!! Fun!

Paul called just now... just to tell me he loved me. : )

1. It's the day before saturday which is our busier day.
2. Boss has been gone for most of the day.
3. Payday
4. Had a great southwestern chicken chili for lunch
5.My husband will be in a good mood being that He doesn't have to work tomorrow. ( Lucky guy)

1. Went on a interior design consult and came away with a new client. Also some refinishing/restoration work for Buck.

2. Drove through some beautiful countryside on the way to my appointment. One area looked like lime green velvet. Gorgeous.

3. Were notified by Netflix that they were reducing our monthly rate.:)

4. One of my outside kitties, Ty, who'd been gone for several days came home.

5. Daffodils and naked ladies (surprise lilies) are coming up in our yard. Spring's not far away.

Its friday here though!

1. we are going away for a horsey weekend to a classical equitation seminar and I am really excited about it
2. there is no doubting it is spring here now
3. my car started with out even a grumble last night, despite not having been run for two weeks, the patient little thing, I love my car
4. I feel REALLY well this morning, none of the normal aches and pains!
5. Got to see DH in work mode last night and fell in love with him all over again (I did not know he could be so tough....my knees went weak!)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom