Fridge update (funny)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4meandthem

Half Baked
So my fridge was making some terrible noises whenever we shut the door.
On advise from an appliance reapairman I pulled it and cleaned it and looked to see whether it was the fan or compressor. It didn't sound like either was making the sound. The noise started getting worse and we were afraid it would go out at Thanksgiving with our luck.

We went looking and wound up spending 1600.00 dollars on a new refer.

The delivery was today so I unpacked the freezer and then the fridge.
The very last thing I took out was a bin full of batteries.(that's where I keep them)

I set the bin on the counter and it started shaking.

My 3 yr old son had taken the dogs anti-bark collar that shakes and stuffed it in the bin. The fridge was FINE!

I now have 2 fridges.

Last edited:
Oh man... I don't know what to say to that.
Hopefully you can sell the old one for a decent price.

Oh wow. Too funny, in a sad, expensive kind of way...

Dedicated garage beer and holiday overflow fridge?

You have some great ammo to impress your son's future girl friends!

Last edited:
I'm still laughing and crying...not sure if anything with any sense or meaning will be forthcoming from me tonight.

Once I figured it out I was more stunned than anything else.
I moved into the garage for drinks and overflow.
At least I got the fridge magnets into the garage now.

Too funny--sorry you felt you had to move into the garage for drinks and overflow (assume that would be overflow of one of those drinks?) :) But yes, a spare fridge is always handy during canning season or if you want to buy something on special and need a couple of days to get a round tuit, when you want to thaw a turkey, etc. I unplug mine when it is not in use. But yes, it is handy to have. I'd like to have a prep table with refrigeration units beneath it...still trying to figure out where I could put one...

Back
Top Bottom