Friend.... Depression..... ARGH!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

-DEADLY SUSHI-

Washing Up
My 31 year old friend is over and drunk as a SKUNK! :ermm: He passed out on my couch and someone has to pick up his wife in one hour! :( He battlels depression. What should I do????? :wacko:

Best thing you can do (and I know it sounds mean) is tell him that you won't allow him to come to your house if he's been drinking. Alcohol + depression is a terrible mix. Does he have regular meds? Please go pick up his wife for him.

Sushi Jkath is right... follow her advice...

It is good that he has a friend that cares about him.

He takes his meds. Not sure what they are but right now he is FAST asleep on my couch. (hey its Italian leather! :LOL: ). But when he wakes up...... I dont know if I should let him go and get his wife. :neutral: I think he feels Im more attractive and is a bit jealous. :huh: Oh Boy. This guy has been trhough the ringer. But I think I should let him drive. ARGH. :ermm:

you should NOT let him drive if he's been drinking...!!!!! Think of how you'd both feel if something were to happen to him (or someone) else if he were drunk behind the wheel.

You can drive him over there if you need too...

Do NOT let him drive in an hour to go get his wife. How would you feel if he caused an accident causing harm to others??? If he's conscious (but jealous) there's no reason he can't ride WITH you.

pdswife said:
you should NOT let him drive if he's been drinking...!!!!! Think of how you'd both feel if something were to happen to him (or someone) else if he were drunk behind the wheel.

You can drive him over there if you need too...

Okay... you beat me by 1 minute. You win :LOL:

-DEADLY SUSHI- said:
I agree with you both. But if he forces his way out then what do I do?! :doh:

Rather than playing music to wake him up, give him a blanket and turn down the light.

Unless he is violently jealous (to his wife) he might even thank you afterward.

Sushi... you haven't been drinking with him have you? If so... please call a cab for your friends wife.

His wife dosent know my car. And Im not 100% I can find her.
You know WHAT? Screw it. Let her be mad at him! Its not my concern. He did this to himSELF!
12.gif

That's another good solution, Sushi. She'll be okay. Just don't let HIM drive if he's drunk.

Sushi, his jealousy is a typical trait of depression. I would not cater to him at all, and would actually ask him to leave. If he is that messed up, I'd call him a cab and pin a note to his shirt. (and call his wife and let her know you're sending her boy home.)
He needs to know that you (and other firm friends) will not coddle his drunken stupors. Do not enable him.

Yup. Its not my problem. He can sleep until he wakes up. :mad: Cant believe he put me into this situation. Let HER be mad at HIM. Its a matter of responsibility. He HAD to be drinking before he came over here. (he lives on the floor above me). Dont get me wrong..... hes a really nice fella. But because his relationship isnt doing well, I dont need to suffer. Heck, I going to the B&B. :glare:

okay, so then, you don't need a cab. Walk that guy to the elevator/stairs and send him on his way. Again, not your problem.

Re: the relationship -
of course it's not doing well. He's drinking and depressed. Best to let the two of them hash it out and do not offer counseling services. When he's sober, remind him that he can stop by, but under no circumstances will you allow him to be drunk or drinking. You go sushi!

Jkath, as a friend its my job to counsil him. Hes down on his luck. I would do the same for you or anyone else here. Im a friend. Though he will NOT be driving. People have bad times. And in those times a friend is an anchor. I cant tell him to go away. Not my nature. I need to help him within reason. And this is within reason. I will try to guide him to the best path. All I can do. By the way Im drinking Chai tea. This stuff is really tasty! :)

Back
Top Bottom