Full Moon EEK!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just got a look at the moon. Beautiful! Take a pic and show us your moon...........get your mind out the gutter folks. I'll show you mine if you show me yours. GB's pic should be a doozy.:)

I'ld love to put a pic up( but no NSFW section)!

But on another note, this so-called "nor-easter" is clouding any chance of a real moon shot.

I rushed home from work last night, batteling the subways since the east side line was closed. By the time I got up to our roof to take some pictures with the city in the background the sky was so overcast you couldn't even see it. Last night's moon was a harvest moon and it was 12% larger than a normal full moon.

When I worked as a receptionist for a vet, we definitely DID notice more weird calls and people on a full moon. I myself went ballistic yesterday; a full blown menopausal moment brought on by trying to be nice to a son of a friend and wasting a perfectly beautiful fall day listening to his hard-rock band for 2 or 3 hours. I got home and was mean to everyone. Luckily "everyone" was my poor husband and dog. I made appropriate mea culpas and made a wonderful fettucini and cheese dinner. Actually, a couple of hours of hard rock blasting into my head would make me mean without the full moon and menopause.

Well, I can attest to the full moon bringing on many births!! My first granddaughter was born 12:22 a.m. Saturday!!!!! My daughter had to be induced because of high BP and she said that when she got to the hospital there was a long waiting line of women waiting. I know that I kept hearing new baby cries about every 5-7 minutes from the time I got there at 3:30 p.m. Friday until about 2 a.m. Saturday. There were so many that they ran out of rooms to move many of them to!!! Sorry but I was not even interested in taking a pic of the moon; had a better subject to take pics of!!!!

Claire, I agree, that would make anyone a bit mean.

Shunka, congratulations!! What a cool thing! I have heard about the full moon bringing on babies before too. Also heard that about hurricanes. Barometric pressure or something?

My own personal crabby moment came this morning. Hmmm...wish I could blame it on the full moon!

Congratulations, Shunka!!! Hope we get to see some of the pics you did take. :)

Having been a bartender 100 yrs ago, I know the full moon has an effect on people. :w00t2:

Last edited:
Thank you Alix and Half Baked!! Yes, my son-in-law said that last night was another run on the maternity ward again!! I know that they were running out of rooms yesterday morning at 2 a.m.; well it is more so now!! Here is my "Jelly-bean!"
img_337228_0_25935e9661f90f89e52d060f03992df8.jpg

Thank you Mudbug and Katie!! This is my first granddaughter; she has 2 older brothers, ages 2 and 4. Now I need to put the finishing touches on the little dresses I have been crocheting for her. As I told my daughter, while she is little may be the only times that we can dress her real girly.......until the little one starts to decide what she will wear that is, lol.

Shunka,
she is precious.Makes me want to give her a great big hug..Oh are you going to have fun. I was so use to the 3 boys that I had no idea just how special little Olivia would be. I'm having the time of my life, picking out dresses for her and paining on some onezees, getting those big open mouth bites from her, The little ones are so special:) ...The best of all things to your new little girl.

kadesma

Thanks to all of you for the kind words!! Her real name is Jasmine Ashley and weighed 6 lbs. 15 oz.; not bad for being 4 weeks early!!!! She was okayed to go home yesterday but my daughter is still being watched for her BP. They should be going home this morning.

Oh, what a doll-baby jelly bean! Congrats again. :)

My 2nd grandchild is coming in February and they know it's going to be a boy. So now I'll have one of each. My 18 month old granddaughter is named Olivia, kadesma.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom