Fun with fish and bears..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:rolleyes: Why am I not surprised at your comment, SLoB?
---------------------------

Thanks for the link, Kay. I was watching the bears grab the salmon in mid air for a bit this morning. :ohmy: Beautiful scenery up there!

Pretty cool, also cooling on these hot days, relaxing to hear the rushing waters too. I watched for about 15 minutes and watched the bear, lots of fish too. There is someone manning the camera (all day or just when I watched?) and moving the focus, the screen, and zooming in, to show the bear in actions--awesome.

Bliss, there seems to be someone doing the camerawork all the time, and this time of year it's always daylight. A few minutes ago the camera zoomed in on humans fishing down river. Not nearly as interesting.

Glad others are enjoying this too. Some of us are easily amused. ;)

I saw that. In that scene down river, there were a dozen people standing in the river. Then way behind them another big bear came out and started swimming across to their side. Then not too far from them another bear came out and waded across the river and as he did, the people started to back off and go towards the shore. And they ought to be scared competing for fish with the bears. Then the scene switched again to the bear at the falls eating/catching fish. Pretty cool.

I saw that. In that scene down river, there were a dozen people standing in the river. Then way behind them another big bear came out and started swimming across to their side. Then not too far from them another bear came out and waded across the river and as he did, the people started to back off and go towards the shore. And they ought to be scared competing for fish with the bears. Then the scene switched again to the bear at the falls eating/catching fish. Pretty cool.

+1. It's amazing how high those salmon can jump, over and over again, and their instinctive determination to get where they need to go. I love watching nature cams. :)

+2. Good stuff! Stupid Twitter Widget Log helper keeps blocking me though, so I couldn't see it.

Last edited:
Yep, no way I'd be standing in that river along with bears. Stupid people think they can out run a bear in that water?? :wacko:

Kayelle and I are standing in the rushing waters and a bear approaches. Bliss makes a run for it.
Kayelle says: Stupid people think they can out run a bear in this water!
Bliss yells back: I don't have to out run a bear, I only have to out run you.
:LOL:
(bliss was a girl scout)

Back
Top Bottom