Funniest Book(s) You Have Read

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
What is the funniest book or books you have read? I am in the mood to read something that makes me laugh, but need suggestions. My favorite laugh out loud books are the Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy series. Of the 5 books in the trilogy (yes you read that right) I think The Restaurant At The End Of The Universe was the funniest.

What is the funniest book or books you have read? I am in the mood to read something that makes me laugh, but need suggestions. My favorite laugh out loud books are the Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy series. Of the 5 books in the trilogy (yes you read that right) I think The Restaurant At The End Of The Universe was the funniest.

The answer is...42!

Have you read any Carl Hiaasen? Absurdly funny and hilarious.There are 11 books, starting with Tourist Season. The cast of characters changes, but there are a few who make cameo appearences in each book. Try not to be drinking anything while reading. He has also written some kids books that are delightful!

I have never heard of Carl Hiaasen. Thanks for the recommendation PF! I just downloaded a sample of Sick Puppy to my Kindle so I can give him a shot. Thanks :)

I have never heard of Carl Hiaasen. Thanks for the recommendation PF! I just downloaded a sample of Sick Puppy to my Kindle so I can give him a shot. Thanks :)

My favorite of his are, "Skin Tight" and "Strip Tease."

You are very welcome. I'll think more on it...so many books, so little time.:ROFLMAO:

Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series is funny too...Stephanie is an inept bounty hunter and some of her adventures are hysterical! One for the Money is the first in the series, and it may be a little "graphic" in places, but it's mostly a light, enjoyable read.

I have read, and reread pretty much all of the David Sedaris books. Always good for a laugh in my opinion. When Engulfed In Flames is my favorite followed buy Me Talk Pretty One Day. The rest are just as good, but in different ways.

I have been on the S$%t my dad says twitter feed for about a year. Yes that is funny funny stuff. I often find myself busting a gut reading those.

One of the funniest books I've read in recent years is John Grisham's Skipping Christmas. It's a quick read. I think I read it in a couple of hours, but I laughed out loud from page one until the last page. What I think made it so funny is that the premise of the book is completely possible. You'll see what I mean if you read it.

If you like gardening, try "Radical Prunings" by Bonnie Thomas Abbott and for all foodies try "The Devil's Food Dictionary" by Barry Foy. Both had be laughing out loud.

Hot Six, Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series. I laughed so hard I had tears rolling down my face and I go back and read it every so often just for giggles.

GB, if you are a HHGTTU fan then you would enjoy ANYTHING from Terry Pratchett. He has a series that is anything but serial. I believe they call it the Diskworld series. Its about a world that is a disk that is held up by four elephants riding on the back of a giant turtle (this is mentioned in passing occationally in the books). He has an almost Monty Python style to his writing where he will focus on a happening but then have a nice tangent paragraph explaining a fine point of the happening.

I suggest you start with "Mort"...

Amazon.com: Mort (9780061020681): Terry Pratchett: Books

GB, if you are a HHGTTU fan then you would enjoy ANYTHING from Terry Pratchett. He has a series that is anything but serial. I believe they call it the Diskworld series. Its about a world that is a disk that is held up by four elephants riding on the back of a giant turtle (this is mentioned in passing occationally in the books). He has an almost Monty Python style to his writing where he will focus on a happening but then have a nice tangent paragraph explaining a fine point of the happening.

I suggest you start with "Mort"...

Amazon.com: Mort (9780061020681): Terry Pratchett: Books

I forgot about Pratchett! "Soul Music" is a favorite!!!

And Terry Pratchett wrote a book with Neil Gaimen, "Good Omens." Hysterical!

OMG Terry Pratchett! Love his stuff! Anyone read Wintersmith? The wee free men slay me!

They are very funny!

Another favorite is the fella in Ankh Morpork who sells anything "Onna Stick!"

Gosh, I better start rereading some, my mind has gone blank on his name!

Excellent. Thanks for all these suggestions. I have downloaded samples of every single one (including Mort. Thanks BD!)

You guys are the best. I can't wait to start checking these out.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom