Funny! My Snot (car)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And that is what we have to keep in one of the garages because she loves that thing and won't let us sell it. Or give it away.

It's a nightmare.

MammaCat

I'll need a car to drive when I visit! So, we keep her!

She runs very well!

With love,
~Cat

I drive this monster twice a week for you, Cat. Driving Snot is like driving an earthquake.

It's a nightmare!

For the record, she was too "frugal" to get a better car.

MammaCat

No, she was cheap and noisy and she still is. I'm going to bed and let you battle this out. Wait until you all see this!

MammaCat

She isn't that bad! She only has about 520,000 km on her and she runs! Mamma doesn't like switching gears, she likes automatics.

img_1335562_0_e8d150b2a870c36efdff6069fa5cc319.jpg

With love,
~Cat

Our old Datsun, named Doris, had no floor boards. You could watch the pavement go by under your feet. A high school friend had Doris and we drove that poor car everywhere for 6 summers, including New Jersey and Southern California. She was "ours" as we both put in half for her. Grand total cost was $250.

Last edited:
I'm glad Cat found the right photo online. This car is a disaster, but she's right, it does run.

I have to say this is NOT our fault. Cat was saving money between babysitting, a part-time job during school in Romania for supposedly a down-payment on a car we would help her finance. She decided she wanted nothing to do with our help and she didn't want payments.

She bought this creature for a song and she took very good care of it. It has no mechanical problems, unfortunately, She put her money into tires, a rebuilt transmission, other odd repairs, and the stupid thing works very well and runs well and we hate it.

Cat said to have payments on a car was a waste of money when she could get this and use some of her savings to make it run well.

She won't let us get rid of it and get her a better car for her visits here. I offered to trade this monster in for a nicer car with no payments. I'd pay the difference. She said NO.

We can't do anything with this creature because our names are not upon the title. I drive this thing twice a week and it won't die!

Addie, I swear if given a choice, she'd keep this and her Joy and tell us off.

She wouldn't choose. Has anyone else had a child with a car like this?

MammaCat

Our old Datsun, named Doris, had no floor boards. You could watch the pavement go by under your feet. A high school friend had Doris and we drove that poor car everywhere for 6 summers, including New Jersey and Southern California. She was "ours" as we both put in half for her. Grand total cost was $250.

Oh dear! So I'm not getting any sympathy, but I do like the story of yours!

But it lasted a long time, didn't it? This is what I think is going to happen: this Dacia will never die! Cat paid in American money equivalent to $310.

I suppose you loved that car, didn't you? Just as Cat loves this?

MammaCat

i had a red vw bug like that--no heat, and rusted out floor. she wouldn't start on a rainy day, but never once let me down in subzero weather. she would play music all day long w/o a key....

Well I suppose it is safe to say there are no payments on it and we haven't had any breakdowns with it.

I'm waiting for Carl and Laki to see this when they visit. They will certainly need their tetanus shots.

MammaCat

Well I suppose it is safe to say there are no payments on it and we haven't had any breakdowns with it.

I'm waiting for Carl and Laki to see this when they visit. They will certainly need their tetanus shots.

MammaCat

:LOL::LOL: Cat has a health hazard. How about having the health department condemn it? Park it out from the curb closer to traffic so another car hits it. :angel:

:LOL::LOL: Cat has a health hazard. How about having the health department condemn it? Park it out from the curb closer to traffic so another car hits it. :angel:

That's a great idea, Addie. I hadn't thought of that!:LOL:

The health bureau may not see it as toxic but it would be easy to put it where it gets hit. I can just put it in the path of her Papa and he's a terrible driver, so I'm sure he'll hit it pretty hard and do us all a favor.

Does every kid do this to their parents?

MammaCat

I'm with Cat on this one. ;)

As long as it gets you from point A to point B it's a good car. The rest is bells and whistles or ego.

But it really needs a new name. :LOL:

I can think of several names for it. "Snot" happens to be the nicest one.

She named it Snot because when she bought it, it was a horrible green color. My brother repainted it for her and took off as much rust as possible, but the rust is slowly creeping back.

We can hear the thing rusting three blocks away.

MammaCat

I can think of several names for it. "Snot" happens to be the nicest one.

She named it Snot because when she bought it, it was a horrible green color. My brother repainted it for her and took off as much rust as possible, but the rust is slowly creeping back.

We can hear the thing rusting three blocks away.

MammaCat

Park it closer to the waterfront and she will rust away faster. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom