Gardening

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Claire

Master Chef
Who else is slogging through cleaning up your gardens for fall? I put my back out, and am looking around and wondering, "Is this worth it all?" Yes, I know it is, those tomatoes are worth any amount of labor. My last thing was getting my husband to help me tear apart a lemon grass plant and repot it, one for me to bring in before it gets too cold, and one for a friend. But any more I just want to close my eyes and make my yard go away!

I hear you Claire. It seems unrewarding because everything looks so barren when you're done. I've found my best solution is to ignore until my DH does it all! :LOL: He's better at it than I am anyway!

I have such a tiny space in my back yard, but it seems like 40 acres when I am trying to get it ready for winter!

And Alix, if I left it for my DH to do..... :ermm:

well let's just leave it at that! (that's exactly what he would do :LOL:)

Last edited:
I just picked all the tomatoes and peppers, and will mow the garden off when the weather gets a little cooler. The tomatoes are very disappointing after a summer of lusciousness--I think I will give them to the chickens.

Yeah, this yard didn't seem huge when we bought the house almost ten years ago. But then my husband got attacked by a nest full of hornets in the hedge and had such a severe reaction he almost died. So how he does almost no yard work, and what he does do is at daybreak. In other words, I'm on my own. We hire a guy to do lawn (ha-ha, really just mowed weeds and crab grass) and hedges. But the flower beds, herb garden (my favorite) and two vegetable patches are mine and mine alone. The weeds ... well, we mainly co-exist. I used to try to grown a variety of vegetables, but have taken it down to just a few tomato and pepper plants and a small greens patch that I can get two harvests from (I suspect if I was more energetic I could get three). I keep saying our next home will be an apartment. NO YARD, no garden.

Back
Top Bottom