Gas Prices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My husband drives a semi..... he's never been so glad about his decision to sell his and drive for a big company again.
He filled up last night, it was $650!!! It was costing about $400 about the time he sold his. I can guarantee you we would have been living in it if he had kept it. Rates have not gone up at all.

Well, if the carrier's aren't increasing their rates, where are my fuel surcharges going? I buy industrial chemicals in bulk tankers, and the fuel surcharges are as much as 35%!

p.s. Regular unleaded here is $3.94 to $3.99, didn't notice what diesel was getting. It'll go up this afternoon after that lightning strike in TX, just watch!

4.59 - 4.79 Here

Gas here is $4 a gallon, diesel $4.50 something I think, maybe higher.
Ouch.

I've seen Diesel from 4.59 to 4.79 here for the last week. It got so bad we bought a Honda Accord Monday. I had the diesel truck washed at lunch - it will spend most of its time now in the garage. :neutral:

This is really awful.

wow you guys have it good here in montreal it just went to 5.50$can/gal which is about the same 5.40$ us/gal. of course we sell it by litres so it 1.45/L here which is still cheap compared to europe where it is ~2.10us$/L

The oil industry here in Mexico has been nationalized since 1938, and Mexico does not import any oil - it is energy self-sufficient. We pay the equivalent of $2.20 USD per gallon of gas. Guess we landed in a good place.........I feel so bad for people who can barely afford to drive to work, let alone take family vacations this summer.

Ha ha ha i wish i could pay your 'inflated prices' over here in the UK its a heck of a lot higher. It's nearly £6 a gallon for deisel so thats 11.73US$ per imp gallon (4.54 litres)

I guess one good thing is that it will help clear the old gas guzzling monsters off the road that screw up the environment :s

Nige

wow you guys have it good here in montreal it just went to 5.50$can/gal which is about the same 5.40$ us/gal. of course we sell it by litres so it 1.45/L here which is still cheap compared to europe where it is ~2.10us$/L

Exactly Banana.. it STINKS! In Ontario it's $1.25 (I just did a trip for a job interview). Cross the border here into Quebec and it jumps up 20 cents.

BLEH!! I am driving 8 hours tomorrow to Chibougamau and 8 hours back on Sunday and man its going to be expensive on gas!!!!!

You know what Nige.....
Higher is higher no matter where you are. Nobody is used to it.
To tell someone that their gas is $1 less a gallon so they shouldn't complain is just not nice.
Everyone is hurting, everyone is doing what they can to offset the monetary issues affecting thier livelihood.
Some have to cut more than others can imagine, they do what's needed and they just don't whine about it.

Last edited:
We have some friends who sold their house and everything else when they retired and bought a very deluxe motor home, intending to travel all over the US and Mexico. Well, you can imagine, at 6 miles per gallon, where they are going these days. Nowhere. Plus, most of the money they had left to live on was invested in the stock market and they have lost about half of it. Very depressing, and not at all the retirement they worked and planned for.

It's 4.12 a gal here. it's getting real bad for everyone. And for the people making minimum wage they wont have a choice about working if the prices keep going up it will be cheaper to stay home and not work.

OK so on my calculations and given that 1 gallon equals 4.54609 litres here, and we are paying $1.65 AUD per litre so $7.49 AUD per gallon then convert AUD to US dollars, $7.20 per gallon.

Yep, yep, yep.

It is happening everywhere, we can jump by 15c in some places in one day and we don't even get an excuse!!

Our food prices are skyrocketing too, up by 30% in the past 12 months.

Same here Cath. No reasons for the price hikes. They just happen.
And it's getting way outta hand !

No reason.....

The areas like parts of India and China that were previously very poor are now growing. Meat is becoming more of a staple in thier diets, I read that it takes 8 times the grain to raise the meat than what they were eating previously. So the grain price goes up because demand is higher vs supply. Furthermore, they are buying more consumables which need to be transported and manufactured, add in the cars for more direct oil usage....

I'm afraid the days of relatively cheap food, clothing and transport are on the way out. You cannot legislate against it, you shouldn't even moan about it really (sorry about my previous post!) because someone somewhere is now scraping enough together to buy some meat and a 'fridge.

So in summary, sorry but there are plenty of reasons, it's world economy the very poorest are getting slightly less poor and wanting some of what we have, ergo because of supply and demand prices rise.

*This is in no way intended as any slur or is it aimed at any individual*

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom