Gasoline Prices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
$3.62 is the lowest within the state, and $3.79 - $3.95 in town. (87 regular grade)

I checked Gasbuddy and around here: $1.41400 / litre = 5.35257226 US$ / US gallon.

That's for regular (87 octane, I think)

If I had actually bought the truck I wanted a few years back instead of the much-more-sensible car that I now own (about 34mpg highway), I'm pretty sure I would cry every time I filled up the tank. Paying 40 bucks every time is bad enough. It's hovering right around $4 a gallon for regular here, too.

The best I can get around here is £1.37 a litre or $2.26 a litre x 3.78541178=$8.5569231 a US gallon.

I just paid $4.06. It cost close to $70 to fill up my tank. As bad as we have it here in the US it seems it is nothing compared to Europe and other areas.

When I was in Chicago mid-April, the price was 4.54. When I was in MN, the price was 3.85, when I was in Wisconsin, it was 3.95. The price in MN went down to 3.79 before I left on the 27th. The price where I live was 128.9/l yesterday--which is over $5/US gal I believe. I'm not driving unless I have to.

I really like my 07 Ford Escape and was looking around the dealership this week while getting service. The salesman actually told me that most of the new ones sold are 4 cylinders now as a result of gas prices. I guess that's what I will be looking at when it comes time to trade.

I think here in Canada gas is even more expensive than the US. I have also noticed that food prices in grocery stores have been inflated as a result as well. In particular a lot of the fruits and vegetables have been painfully pricey lately.

The best I can get around here is £1.37 a litre or $2.26 a litre x 3.78541178=$8.5569231 a US gallon.

But what octane is that gas? I noticed the gas was higher octane in Denmark than I can even get here in Quebec. And I'm pretty sure I would get better kilometrage in my Volvo with higher octane.

Aw phooey, I just looked up octane. We don't even measure that the same in Canada, the US, and Brazil as in most of the world.

Last edited:
Bill mate my Dad bought us an old Moggy Minor to repair etc when I was 14 yrs old, petrol cost 2/6 a UK gallon, 2/6 or half a crown was also known as half a dollar as there were 4 $ to the £ then.
I did not notice what it did to the gallon but after we had it sorted (skimmed head, widened and flowed ports and manifold, SU carb and straight through exhaust ect) it outran the local coppers Ford Anglia's:cool:

Back
Top Bottom