Generic gift for a co worker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amber

Executive Chef
At my husbands' work place, they are doing secret santa. He has to buy a gift for a guy and has no idea what to get. The gift should cost $10 or less.

All we know is that he is newly married, a baby on the way, a graphic artist. My husband said a sack of diapers :LOL: Of course I promptly told him this is suppose to be a gift for HIM, not the family. Though my husband does like to joke around, so maybe the sack of diapers is a good idea? Help! Otherwise I can just see us spending hours searching for something to come up with.

Earplugs? LOL! Just joking.

How about something like...Sports Illustrated magazine (or similar idea) wrapped around a couple of beers? Or some kind of nummy treats?

I agree with Katie that a book on parenting is just fine for him being a first-timer. You might also want to consider a small decorative item for his table.

An inexpensive bottle of wine - You can get Barefoot which is a really good wine ... you would never guess it is only about 7 dollars a bottle and then throw in 3 one dollar instant lottery cards.:)

I thought of some food item too (who could resist a nice box of Lindt chocs???) however the recepient may feel obligated to share it with others (especially you!) upon opening.

If he is a graphic artist, some good quality special format printing paper would be always handy. Like high quality photo paper, those for iron-ons for Tshirt etc., for greeting card making etc., kind of format that would be nice but you may sort of hesitate to actually pay for it yourself.... may be not a typical "gifty" item, but there are many people who appreciate receiving a stuff they can really utilize.

how about a Book Token in a card?

books are a good idea, but they`re also personal, so this way you cap the cost to exactly $10 and he can get something he Really wants :)

I'm leaning toward the book concept too and YT2085's idea is great. As he said, picking out books is more personal and the gift card is a wonderful idea!! I do have to say I love GB's recommendation though!!! Wish I had gotten that for the son-in-law 4-1/2 years ago!!

My husband is given his co-workers (there are only 4) microwave fudge and flashlights. Actually, they are his ex co-workers, as yesterday was his last day of work. He's on vacation until Jan 11, at which time he will be officially retired. :clap:

Thanks for all the wonderful ideas everyone! I told my husband the suggestions and he likes the book idea that GB mentioned. There is only one copy left at Borders so they are holding for me. Maybe they'll give me a gift receipt so this way he can return if he already has the book or wants something different.

Thanks so much for your help, you guys are great!

I hope he enjoys it. I know I sure it. It was really special because it was given to my by a co-worker at a shower that our office (my wife and I work in the same office) threw for us. All of the presents where for the baby of course or for the mom, but this one was the only thing given for me. It was really a very nice thought. Just about any guy will appreciate the way this book was written.

You could give him a $10.00 Gift Certificate at a baby store or a couple bottles of wine.

I don't know if they have a Trader's Joes near you but their wine is great and very inexpensive.

I just picked up the book :LOL: I love it, that should be quite fun for them and a good laugh when they read it together.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom