Getting a Lego out of a 2 yr old nose?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

suziquzie

Chef Extraordinaire
Yup. last kid, figures she's the only one to ever stick something up there. :wacko:
It's been there since last night, she doesn't even notice it. It won't go up any farther, its not blocking her breathing. she sneezes and it comes down a little but as soon as I chase her down to get her to try to blow again she gets mad and snorts it back up into its nest. The thing isn't even 1/2 a centimeter, a little round thing used for headlights / taillights and such.
Any ideas? I really dont think this warrants a dr visit, but I'll take her in if I absolutely have to. :glare:

squzie, don't mess around. if she inhales it, it could cause all sorts of trouble. from minor choking and vomiting to something called aspiration pneumonia.

best let the docs handle it.

If you can catch her and she'll be still for a minute, you can use some long tweezers or long alligator clamps. I don't know of any other way to get it out except to retrieve it or get her to blow hard - which may or may not work.

don't use f-mom's alligator clamps that have the leather string, beads, and feathers, though...:cool:

go to the Doc`s, it would be different if you were in the middle of nowhere without one (a white pepper induced sneezing fit would the order of the day), but in this case it has to be the Doc`s ;)

don't use f-mom's alligator clamps that have the leather string, beads, and feathers, though...:cool:
:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

I bet they'd work!
She's got ALOT more kids than I do I bet she knows what she's talking about!

Seriously, you do need to get it out. Even if they don't manage to suck it up higher, items in the nose will get all gunked up and start to smell very funky. If you have the tools to try it yourself, it's a good time to kinda scare her into being very still. Tell her how serious it is and that if it doesn't come out, it will make her sick. (I personally told one son it would get in his brain and change his thoughts. It was enough for him to lay very still while I removed the plastic bead he stuck up there. Also, it makes them very leery of putting anything up there again.) If she can't be still or you can't get it, a trip to the doc is in order because the lego needs to come out.

Last edited:
she is absolutely not going to be still. I could get it out myself if she would. I bet they'll have to knock her out, she's a tough critter! I tried the little nose sucker thing that comes home from the hospital with newborns.... that gets close but she absolutely wont stop trying to get away. I guess I better make the call. The boys are going to have to guard the legos w/ thier lives from now on!

I'm really sorry suzie. Even though they can be taxing, I love feisty kids! Sounds like yours is a fire cracker!

What they used to do at the docs was put them in a little "baby straight jacket" and then someone holds the child's head steady while they retrieve the object. The kids don't like it but it's over quick and serves as a deterrent to future incidents!

When you have the lego in hand, you might want to frame it cuz it will be the most valuable one in your house!

Here's the Dr clinker. DH just started a new job yesterday. It's overnights so he's sleeping and I can't ask him anything about it yet. Have no insurance cards or info or anything yet. Oh well. It's only money. better than losing a kid to lego-itis!

I may frame it, but I think I'll wash it 1st. :)

I may frame it, but I think I'll wash it 1st. :)

Probably be able to sell it on eBay. L

But seriously, I'm not for traumatizing children (though some need it) but the possible consequences warrant strapping the kid down.

Doctor time.

I even told her to blow the booger in my hand she wont play nuthin anymore.
No sense of humor. Gets it from her father..... :)

Its further down now if she would just friggin blow it would fly!!! :mad:

Light a birthday candle and tell her to blow it out only using her nose - promise her something she LOVES!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom