Ghosts or Spirits - Care To Share?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsLMB

Executive Chef
With all the popular TV programs about the paranormal - "Ghost Hunters," "Paranormal Witness," "Celebrity Ghost Stories," "Ghost Adventures," "Paranormal State" and perhaps more I have a couple of questions for all of you.

1. Do you believe in ghosts or spirits?

2. Have you ever had a ghostly encounter?

I'm having a ghostly encounter in my freezer. Dagnabit! I just know I have a package of chicken breasts in there somewhere, where is it???

Sorry.

No, and no. Unless some ghost stole my chicken breasts.

Last edited:
With all the popular TV programs about the paranormal - "Ghost Hunters," "Paranormal Witness," "Celebrity Ghost Stories," "Ghost Adventures," "Paranormal State" and perhaps more I have a couple of questions for all of you.

1. Do you believe in ghosts or spirits?

2. Have you ever had a ghostly encounter?

1. Do you?

2. Do you?

None from me.
I don't believe in them either, though somtimes I'd like to.

Yes and yes.

Most recent: My grandmother had a series of small strokes and then a big one. Her condition deteriorated rather quickly after the last one, so much so that for the last couple of weeks she was alive she didn't respond to or recognize anyone.

I awoke from a deep sleep early one morning @ 5:52 am to the very distinct presence of my grandmother with me. I KNEW she wanted to go, but was unsure if it was okay for her to do so. I sent her on her way with my love. And felt a wave of peaceful warmth rush over and through me.

My Mom called less than an hour later to tell me that her Mom had passed away. They found my grandmother had died when they did a check on her in the nursing home a little after 6:00 am.

I couldn't call my Mom and tell her what I had felt and experienced at the time it happened as she doesn't agree, or understand, when I get that way. But that hour gave me time to be strong and steady for my Mom during her pain. I think of it as my Gramma's last gift to both my Mom and I.

1. Yes. I believe we each have a spirit that lives on after we die. How much that spirit interacts with this world is up for debate but I think if a person believes in life after death then ghosts are a part of that.

2. No. Not is any great sense. Occasionally I'll think of Mom and get a strong whiff of gardenias (her favorite flower, not mine!) but it doesn't happen every time.

My feeling is that there is something that makes us who we are, an energy or spirit if you will. When the physical body dies this energy has to go somewhere.

I'm convinced that my great grandmother's house was haunted. There were many times that I felt that someone was behind me, to the point where I thought it was my great grandmother and I would speak to her, but she was still in another room. My siblings and I used to spend nights in her house, she had a day nurse, and we took care of nights. It was a few years after she died, that we all shared our experiences in that house. We were all pretty surprised that our stories were so similar. We were never frightened though.

I think that I am more sensitive to this energy than most. There are often times where just being in certain places or certain rooms in houses where I get very anxious and just want to leave. I usually keep this to myself. Luckily there are no rooms in my house that give me the creeps, not even the basement when I'm home alone.

I am with you bakechef. There is a part of all of us that has pain, but it is not part of our physical body. If you lose a loved one whether it is by death or divorce or whatever manner, there is pain. Where is that pain located? Not in the heart. It is not physical pain like a heart attack. Somewhere in our being we have a soul. I believe that there are times if a person dies too early in their life and before they want to or are ready to go, they often cannot go in peace. Thus their soul remains. I don't believe that they can harm us. It is our own fear that does that.

I have always wanted to see a ghost. I would love to ask questions. :angel:

I have had too many experiences with dying patients to not believe in ghosts and an afterlife.

I have had too many experiences with dying patients to not believe in ghosts and an afterlife.

I understand exactly what you are saying. So often I have heard of a patient that has stated that their huband/wife is waiting for them. They have talked to them. They die shortly after. They have permission to go. I firmly believe that my daughter will be waiting for me. I think of her often, but haven't heard from her. :angel:

Being a simple man, I just ain't sure if ghosts exist. Never seen one. My sister claims to have felt our uncle's presence and some family members claim to have seen and heard our great grandfather sharpening a cross-cut saw as was his habit right up to the time he died.

i've seen a number of people die before, and have been at too many funerals to count when i was a young man, besides the weird feeling you get when their facial muscles relax (it freaks you out), patrick swayze was nowhere nearby in a cloud with a pottery wheel.

i think people want to believe more than reality allows, but that's just my thoughts.

i've been a relatively rotten person in my life heretofore, and have come from a family of tremendously good people. if the dead were able to influence life, you'd think they'd have done something to me by now.

or now.

or now...

(i was thinking bad thoughts)

I have no reason not to believe.

Heh. This is the opposite of the way I think about things. I don't generally believe something without having some reason to.

Logically, I agree with bakechef. There is electrical energy in our bodies that goes somewhere, or changes form, when we die. I don't know what happens to it or what to call it.

I've never seen a ghost. I live in a 400-year-old city that holds a Ghost Walk around Halloween. As far as I can tell, they're all actors, but they have great stories. lol

For me it is a yes and a yes.

When I was about 10 we moved into a house that had a spirit. She lived in the bedroom facing the street out front. That was the "extra" bedroom that was reserved for overnight guests or when one of us was contagiously sick. The first time I slept in there was at about age 11. In the middle of the night I felt someone pressing down on the back of my legs just above the knees. I tried to turn over but couldn't. When I yanked the covers off of me I heard a loud bang .. almost like an explosion. My mother came running in the room and asked what fell over. I told her what happened and she said I was having a bad dream. Yet .. she heard the loud bang as it woke her from her sleep. As time went by we all eventually had to sleep in the extra room and we all had the same expreiences .. pressure on the back of the legs, unable to sit up, yank covers off and loud bang. Other than my Mom and I talking that one night it was not spoken about until she died. At that time all 3 of us girls were together and decided to spend the night once more in the old house. The other 2 very quickly said I had to sleep in the extra room. That is when it came out. So we investigated .... turns out that in about 1952 there was a family living in that house and the young girl slept in that front bedroom. Early one morning a car crashed into the house - into that room - and killed the little girl.

Today the house we live in has a ghost/spirit. We know who it is. His name is Rodney. He lived here when the house was built in 1927 and he died in this house in 1932. He is not a mean spirit, he is not scary but he is a bit misheivious. He is not fond of my pale blue bath towels and we find them off the rack and on the floor constantly. He loves to drop the seat on the toilet at about 2 am. He will toss the dogs toys down the stairs. Every single morning at exactly 7am he cooks bacon and it smells so good. The dogs see him on Wednesday nights right about 8:15pm .. they don't bark at him but they do both run to the bottom of the stairs and sniff then sit and wag their tails. After about 3 or 4 minutes they go back to their little sleeping spots. We first noticed things happening once we got all of our stuff moved in. We would find things in places we knew we had not left them. Just chalked it up to that "getting old and can't remember" thing. The first time our grands came to visit the youngest who was 4 at the time asked who that nice man was who was sitting ont the stairs - and of course we couldn't see anything. About a year or so after we moved in one of our neighbors asked if anything weird ever happens in our house .. he was fishing for info. It seems that this house has chased people away with odd occurances. We just deal with it as it's not malicious .. more of a fun thing.

I try to keep an open mind, wide open and pretty much empty!:ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I try to keep an open mind, too. I used to be much more gullible and just believe what people told me. Now, if it doesn't fit with what I already know is true, then I need some convincing.

Sounds like you've heard a quote I saw once. "I like to keep an open mind. But not so open that my brain falls out."

I have never heard of a ghost that killed someone. If a person does die, it is from the fright that is created in their own mind. Merry Old England is loaded with ghosts. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom