Gift idea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikki

Sous Chef
I'm sure this has been thought of, but i figured I'd post anyway. I hadn't got my daughter a wedding gift yet and was trying to figure something that was not expensive as all my resources were spent on the wedding. Evertyone was joking about how her husband would starve because my DD has never even attempted to cook anything. It got me thinking about putting together a cookbook of all the things I make. I also contacted her grandparents, her husbands parents and they all sent recipes. Its ending up being a really great gift.

I gave my SIL a package of a family recipe with all the stuff to make it (takes a special pan to bake it so got the pan and all the nonperishable stuff in the recipe) and wrapped it up for her shower. I know my mom gave her a bunch of recipes too that my brother likes. I doubt she has any of them now or used them ever since she basically despises our side of the family. She watches what he eats like a hawk and all the food we enjoy are no-nos in her book!

I did something similar to that, Mikki, when our youngest son got married. I handcopied 100 of his favorite recipes that I served as he was growing up. I put each recipe in a protective clear plastic sleeve and put together a recipe file with the appropriate dividers. I made notations on the recipes where they came from, if I knew it, and other remembrances about the recipes.

I typed them on the computer and printed them I also put them in protective sleeves. Then in a binder. I'm letting her organize them she very picky in the way she does things so I figured I'd put them in some kind of order but i'm sure she'll change it around.
Andy- I wasn't sure his side would reply in time for me to get them in the book, but they replyed before my family did. I think it turned out great and I can send her any recipes I get in the future it will be a continous gift.

Back
Top Bottom