Giving the dog her pill

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ackkk, I hate picky eaters....

Maybe for future pills you need to get yourself one of these to keep on hand :)
It's pill popper, or gun.
I have one of those too and tried it without success on the dog. It's difficult with capsules.

I give Raisin probiotic capsules daily but luckily they are powder form so I just break open the capsule and mix it into her food. She is also on some antibiotics right now and they are capsules too. Good thing too because I can't give her any other food than her dry kibble or white rice, so no peanut butter or cheese!

:) When you open mouth put the bottom of your thumb on the roof of their mouth about half way and hold the middle of the nose with the rest of your hand over the top of the nose and press with thumb they can't close their mouth that way tilt head back and pop pill to back of throat close mouth and hold shut blow in their nose and rub under neck. Works almost everytime.
Your techinque works. I did that last night and this morning. thank you.

:) When you open mouth put the bottom of your thumb on the roof of their mouth about half way and hold the middle of the nose with the rest of your hand over the top of the nose and press with thumb they can't close their mouth that way tilt head back and pop pill to back of throat close mouth and hold shut blow in their nose and rub under neck. Works almost everytime.

This sure is a 'keeper' for me. I will put this in 'special' book I have for the dogs. I have never experienced anything like this before where I couldn't get the pill down. But as with everything, gotta do what you gotta do. I know jp you love your dogs. Haven't left the home again, have they? Sure was a worry knowing how you value your family. This is so beautiful that you were able to help this lady out with her dog. I am sure she won't forget it as in the past I could always depend on you for such helpful advice, food or otherwise. Thanks for your help. May have to consult you about puppy we just got. Seems animals are not always the same, unique like people. your advice to me is always "priceless". Thanks

My dogs have never given me problems taking pills. I just rolled it up in salami and down it went. Of course none of my dogs ever actually chewed their food either. They more
or less "inhale" it. Silly animals.

This sure is a 'keeper' for me. I will put this in 'special' book I have for the dogs. I have never experienced anything like this before where I couldn't get the pill down. But as with everything, gotta do what you gotta do. I know jp you love your dogs. Haven't left the home again, have they? Sure was a worry knowing how you value your family. This is so beautiful that you were able to help this lady out with her dog. I am sure she won't forget it as in the past I could always depend on you for such helpful advice, food or otherwise. Thanks for your help. May have to consult you about puppy we just got. Seems animals are not always the same, unique like people. your advice to me is always "priceless". Thanks
:) How sweet of you to say that. You just made my day. No, the little hooligans have not run off any more Pat took them all afternoon yesterday and they behaved. Hopefully they learned their lesson.

I pill when my dogs are hungry. Wrap the pill in a peanut butter covered bit of bread, and have a second piece of peanutty bread ready. Give the pill piece, and immediately offer the second piece. The dog will quickly swallow the pill piece to make room for the second treat.

Having 3 dogs competing for treats helps, too. :)

My dogs have never given me problems taking pills. I just rolled it up in salami and down it went. Of course none of my dogs ever actually chewed their food either. They more
or less "inhale" it. Silly animals.
mine does not inhale , noses the food then takes a bite, noses the food etc. weird dog I have.

try soft butter. Our dog would spit her pills out too. You can mold the slice of butter around the pill. Then give it to your dog, the butter should just slide right down. our dog doesn't try to chew the butter, she just swallows it. Good luck.

I did that too, dog still spit it out .

Back
Top Bottom