Global warming Shmobal warming!!!! ARGH!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alix, dear, I still do not agree. The moment you mention the word, sorry 2 words, "global warming", no warnings, or notes can stop people from posting. I gurantee, that there are people, who simply post from reading the name of the post, without ever reading the post it self. No sweet hart, since you are administrator, please, (note how unlike me it is to be so polite), yes, please, go change the name of the thread ot get rid of the whole thing all together. (not that I except you to do it, but I had to say it).

OK, I've had it! We've had one of the coldest months on record here! Its been -20C or colder for over a MONTH!!!! Our gas bill is nearly triple what it was last December and my feet are so cold I could make ice in a hot tub! Today its a blistering -22C (-7.6F) with windchill making it feel like -32C (-25.6F). I'm used to cold weather in the winter but we usually get a cold snap for a while then it warms up a bit. There was a ONE DAY warm up where it got to -10C (14F) and we were all happy and excited. Then that night it cratered and its been colder since! BAH! I'm REALLY not a happy girl. Can you tell? LOL.

Who else is having weird unseasonable weather this winter?

(*Note: This is NOT a thread about whether or not we believe in Global Warming, we tried that once and it was ugly. If you post about that your post will likely disappear, sorry!)

Come on Down, Get ready for a BIG HUG, Barbara can give Ken a Hug and we will thaw you guys out SIS . ;)

Attachments

• th_thWarmHugsToYouSnowman.gif
    th_thWarmHugsToYouSnowman.gif
    35.3 KB · Views: 62
We're getting a lot of up's and down's lately. It seems to cycle through every 4 to 5 days, timed with the storm systems as they move through. We will get a warming trend where every day the daytime high temps increase 5 - 10 degrees F. The day it peaks, right before the cold front comes through, we'll have strong winds out of the south, and daytime high temps approaching 80. Then the cold front comes in, the temp's drop down into the lower 30's (F) or upper 20's (F) for daytime highs, not counting the wind chill. Repeat. Again. Ad infinium, ad nauseum.

Alix, dear, I still do not agree. The moment you mention the word, sorry 2 words, "global warming", no warnings, or notes can stop people from posting. I gurantee, that there are people, who simply post from reading the name of the post, without ever reading the post it self. No sweet hart, since you are administrator, please, (note how unlike me it is to be so polite), yes, please, go change the name of the thread ot get rid of the whole thing all together. (not that I except you to do it, but I had to say it).
The "Shmobal warming!!!!" portion of the title points out the fact that it is not a serious global warming thread. And no one should ever post without reading the first post, at the very least. As you pointed out before, there is a thread for us to post what our weather is like each day, but Alix wasn't announcing her weather so much as her weariness of weeks of freezing weather. I thought it was a cute post, but if I didn't I would just leave it alone and read another. :cool:

:)Barbara

We have been misled into temptation. You can rationalize it all you want, but it's a classic bait & switch. Can't blame us for doing what comes naturally.:LOL: Do you mods always stick together? Are you all related?:LOL::LOL:

I love Joe's sense of humor.:LOL:

We demand reparations consisting of at least one dozen cookies each or we will hijack the thread and hold it hostage!!:-p

We have been misled into temptation. You can rationalize it all you want, but it's a classic bait & switch. Can't blame us for doing what comes naturally.:LOL: Do you mods always stick together? Are you all related?:LOL::LOL:
Alix is my little sis, didn't you know that? (Okay, just in heart and spirit, but I love her just the same!).

It wasn't bait and switch--Alix was merely testing our reading abilities! :-p

MMMM cookies.....Maverick, I think you are on to something. Baking cookies warms the kitchen and the cockles of one's heart. You can share and spread the love....

I know, "bake cookies not hijack threads." lol

we post without taking time to study prior posts- we decide without taking time to study the evidence ("if I hadn't believed it, I wouldn't have seen it")..............that's all I have to offer to this argument, other than I fully expect, deservedly so, for this post to disappear ! (Where's my cookies???)

Alix is my little sis, didn't you know that? (Okay, just in heart and spirit, but I love her just the same!).

It wasn't bait and switch--Alix was merely testing our reading abilities! :-p

So what you're saying is that Alix is a tease?:LOL: I guess everyone needs to be something, I'm a smart ^#%.

I'll take chocolate chunk cookies for my reparation.

This is not a thread about Global warming but that is part of the title.

Funny how no one brings up global warming during the summer when droughts and record temp. are happening.

Carry on. ;)

it's the coldest winter in G for about ages... we had the coldest Jan-Temperature ever four nights ago... but I like it ;o)

I am just glad I don't have Alix's temps right now. This year has actually been mild so far, just a few freeze your... uhum... off days! A big hot tub would make it so much better to deal with!!
Hey, didn't we have a hot tub installed around here somewhere?? ;)

OK, consider this a test. Were you mislead by the title? Did you read the first post?
Anyone who complained about the title of this thread better not complain when we change YOUR thread titles. Sheesh. :LOL:

Seriously though, I'm not going to bother changing the thread title, I'm going to just close this thread. I got the message loud and clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom