God Bless Texas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mudbug said:
Thank you:

Houston
Dallas
San Antonio

Ms Muddy,
We've been watching events over here with a great feeling of helplessness & saddness. We've been praying to a speedy end to the situation in the South.

Our prayers and thoughts are with you all at this time.

mudbug said:
Thank you:

Houston
Dallas
San Antonio

I've lived and Dallas and worked in Austin and San Antonio...

The hospitality shown by people down there took me off guard. (Yankees aren't used to people saying "hi, how are ya?" in hotel hallways...)

Thanks to EVERY city that agreed to take the folks from New Orleans. (My heart hurts looking at those pictures, I went there from spring break 10-11 years ago - all the places I went are underwater now... :( )

John

Texas doesn't have the best reputation, I know, I was born and raised in Dallas.
But, I am so proud of how generous Texans can be when we see someone that needs help. Even the ones that don't seem to be affected by it, all of a sudden is one of the first people to jump up and lend a helping hand. Luckily, Louisiana was close enough for them to help. They will still be in cramped areas, but, they are fed, have water and Dallas ISD is taking in all the kids to go to school, giving them all the supplies that they need so that they at least have just a little bit of normalcy in their lives. It will also give the parents some time not having to worry about them.
God Bless all the people that is helping, not just Texas, ALL of them!!

Yes, thank you to all the surrounding states that have taken in refugees from this horrible storm.

Arkansas is full. All the hotels in the Central Arkansas area filled to capacity prior to the Hurricane coming ashore on Monday.

The City of Little Rock has an esitmated 50,000 refugees from Louisiana. All the sporting venues in Little Rock, the State Fair Grounds and it's support buildings (Hall of Industry, Barton Colliseum, Arkansas Building) are packed.

The Arkansas Office of Emergency Services (OES) has expanded refugee shelter operations to include all 75 counties of the state according to Gov. Huckabee, and the governer has also signed a bill for an additional ten million dollars in state aid to assisist.

Private citizens are taking people into their homes.

The Federal Government is assessing the now closed Acre AFB in Blytheville, a former SAC B-52 Base, as a possible location to house refugees.

The Arkansas Department of Education has instructed all their schools to waive the mandatory shot-records and documentation in order to enroll these displaced children.

Media reports say that this "Human Storm-Surge" extends as far north as the state of Conneticut.

May God bless them all and keep watch over them, and bless all who are working so hard to help them.
"Lead all souls to Heaven, especially those in most need of thy mercy".

God Bless
~ Raven ~

Last edited:
:mrgreen: You're welcome! It could have been us!

Thanks to all the states that have helped.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom