Going MIA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am not going around for a short while. This afternoon at one o'clock I found my son Pirate dead on the floor in his bedroom, He died of a heart attack. This is the second child I have lost.
Only just found this - Addie, I am so sorry for your loss and I'm thinking of you.

Off to Venice tomorrow. We'll spend two days in Venice, then board a small ship (460' long holding 265 passengers) and cruise the Adriatic along Croatia as far as Montenegro. We have land excursions every day. Then back to Venice for another two days and then home.

I have mixed feelings about traveling this time of year, as it's one of the best times of the year here. Cooler, drier weather, and the tourists have mostly gone home. It's a lot safer riding, as the locals are accustomed to bikes and pedestrians on two lane roads and are far more courteous than summertime traffic.

But, the weather at our destination will be as good as it gets, too. So as The Great One said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqZZIDk2c_Y

Ahhh, Venice...one of my favorite romantic spots in the world!

Souschef and I started our two week wedding cruise there on a small cruise ship and cruised the Adriatic sea with several ports of call till we were married on the island of Santorini Greece several days later in 2007.

I know you'll have a wonderful time TS!!

The KN (a/k/a my Dad) has pushed me too far this time. I am packing my stuff and heading back to Ontario. Hopefully, I can hit the road by Wednesday and be HOME by Friday night.

The KN (a/k/a my Dad) has pushed me too far this time. I am packing my stuff and heading back to Ontario. Hopefully, I can hit the road by Wednesday and be HOME by Friday night.

Sorry to hear that. Are your parents able to live on their own without your help?

How long of a drive is it for you?

My wife/I had to drive 32 hours (~2K miles) over 4 days this past weekend. Not fun at all!

I'm sorry that your Dad's behavior is depriving you of precious time with your Mom. Whenever you leave, don't drive mad. It's not a safe way to go.

Sorry to hear that. Are your parents able to live on their own without your help?

How long of a drive is it for you?

My wife/I had to drive 32 hours (~2K miles) over 4 days this past weekend. Not fun at all!
No they are not able to live on their own. My Dad can't take care of my Mom by himself.

It will take about 26-28 hours. It will take 2-3 days.

CWS, try to take your time. I used to drive Montreal/Ft Laud,FL in 26 hours - 2 days. That meant I drove 16 hours the first day and 10 the next. I know you're already stressed and just want to get back but try to do it in 3. Not easy, so really concentrate on trying to take your time.
Maybe map out 10 hours the first 2 days and then it's only 6 on the last day. You'll still have time and energy to concentrate on being home the last day.

Thinking of you.

I just popped in to say hi and I read that dear sweet Addie (and her son, the Pirate) passed. She will be truly missed. I loved her stories and take on life. I just found out that a dear friend who I haven't seen in awhile passed 4 years ago from a stroke. Life is short, isn't it?

I just popped in to say hi and I read that dear sweet Addie (and her son, the Pirate) passed. She will be truly missed. I loved her stories and take on life. I just found out that a dear friend who I haven't seen in awhile passed 4 years ago from a stroke. Life is short, isn't it?

Hi LP. Good to see you around. I hope all is well.

Hi LP. Good to see you around. I hope all is well.

Hi, Laurie! Been thinking of you as well, and it's good to see you back. :)

Thanks, Andy and Cheryl.

My summer was not what I had hoped for. June started with me breaking a bone in my foot. It didn't require surgery but I was in an air cast for 3 months, basically all summer. I would use my walker to take Miley to the dog park and sit on the walker under a shade tree while other people exercised my dog. When the cast finally came off completely I was working on rehabbing my leg power walking with hiking poles. Or at least until I was getting horribly out of breath and coughing. My asthma kicked into high gear so I had to lay low for the past month. But it is getting better now thankfully.

I am still working as a health coach and have made a few new cakes. I will post them on my profile page with a link for anyone interested. I am also taking courses to become a certified patient advocate and I am really excited about that. It validates all of my health challenges because I can use them to help others. My arthritis is progressing at a very fast rate but I try and not let it stop me.

That's my life in a nutshell. I have been doing a lot more cooking lately and adapting dishes to our very limited list of safe foods. :chef:

Back
Top Bottom