Going MIA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The last time that I remember Babetoo posting she had commented that she was having health and computer problems.
Her family was stepping in.

The last time that I remember Babetoo posting she had commented that she was having health and computer problems.
Her family was stepping in.

Now that you mention it Munky, I remember the same. I know that she was elderly even back then and in poor health too. That was so long ago (2013) that I remember her as being the first person I ever heard of that had their groceries delivered by Von's Supermarket. She lived near San Diego, and I always enjoyed her posts.

After doing more sleuthing, I found her last post..https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f26/going-mia-75578-56.html#post1279798

Last edited:
Now that you mention it Munky, I remember the same. I know that she was elderly even back then and in poor health too. That was so long ago (2013) that I remember her as being the first person I ever heard of that had their groceries delivered by Von's Supermarket. She lived near San Diego, and I always enjoyed her posts.

After doing more sleuthing, I found her last post..https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f26/going-mia-75578-56.html#post1279798

She was also at the time missing her friend that had to be placed in a home.
Wherever she is on this day, I hope she's happy and doing better.:flowers:

Ya know. we could start a sticky threas with the names of members who are no longer on DC, sort of an honors list. We might call it - Great Memories, or something like that.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North
Hope you aren't thinking of putting me on that list, Chief! I don't get here as often as I would like but I haven't forgotten all my friends here.

I am busy working as a self-management health coach - I guide people with various health conditions through their goals - whether getting back to work, coming to terms with pain, etc.

I've also been dealing with my own health issues.

The good news is that through all my pain and fatigue, I have been able to cook more again. I've made lasagne, tacos, grilled stuffed pork tenderloin and much more. Though at the same time we have eaten a lot of soup and grilled sandwiches LOL!!

...I am busy working as a self-management health coach...
Hey! There you are, Lydia! Long time no see. I hope you get more chances to pop by to say "hi".

I'm a bit concerned about K-Girl right now. She hasn't posted since the day she went out to lunch with her lady friends on May 20th. :ermm: I hope she didn't get a side order of "sick" when she went out in public to eat. :ohmy:

I'm going to be underground for awhile (reads as MIA).

We just came back from DH's doctor's appointment in town,
as soon as Doctor walked into the room and asked, "What are
we here for today?" and DH point to a lump on the side of his face,
Doc immediately said, "Oh, that's Skin Cancer".

The big C word! :(

He took a biopsy and so now we have to wait 10-14 days
for the results, basically to find out what type.

Not a happy day for us here In The Middle Of The Desert,
but we'll try to look past this for now and try to stay
positive.

I will though, be making alot of DH's favorite dishes and goodies
to help pass this time of stress and anxiety.

We're both hopeful that it's something pretty simple and localized
and certainly not metastasized.

Here's the funny thing, if you can call it that, we have been
seeing a wonderful Dermatologist back in Southern Arizona
for more than 10 years, and with all of this SIP Covid-19
s--- I mean stuff, we cancelled and said, well we've both been
perfectly fine all these years, surely we could skip a year, right?

WRONG!

So for my my dear DC friends, I'm out ... I'll see ya when I see ya :unsure:

Hugs, good thoughts, and prayers for both of you.

FWIW, a dear friend of Loverly's had a skin cancer removed when she was 19. She's 39 now and has not had a recurrence in those 20 years. I hope your DH has the same results. (((hugs)))

Can't add more than what has been already said but can say it all over again.

Good vibes, big hugs, sweet and hopefully calming thoughts but also "keep on trucking" and try not to let those rough roads take over.

Sending a few dragonettes to help distract and hopefully lift your spirits some.

more hugs

K'girl, I'm sorry to hear that. My DH had skin cancer a few years ago. Fortunately, it was a slow-growing type that hadn't progressed very far and was treatable by micro-surgery. I hope you and your DH have the same outcome. Best wishes to you both. Hugs.

I'm hanging in there and I hope you have the strength to carry on.

Com'on Katie, you can do this!
Kgirl, to all of you - prognosis' are getting better and better every year.

Think positive, close your eyes, wrap your arms around yourself, squeeze hard and there! You just got big big hugs from me.

Back
Top Bottom