Going MIA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Understandable...but don't nix the trip forever! Where in Washington are they?

They're about an hour North from Spokane, she says it's beautiful there.
Her daughter, sil and only grandbaby moved there from Arizona for work, she insisted that she would never move to follow her children, but she never said that she wouldn't follow "that baby" :LOL:

Have fun this weekend camping Ginny!

We are home and all of the plants in the hydro gardens survived! Woo hoo! I think they even thrived, in our absence. I've got some major pruning to do on the Curley Parsley and the Genovese Basil too. The others are still in germination phase, or just past that to itty-bitty cute plants. The beach was great but we're all happy to be home too. Most especially Cadie. She's becoming quite the homebody puppy!

Not really MIA as I will remain connected. SO and I are traveling to FL for her granddaughter's wedding this weekend. Then we're spending the following week with her sister and BIL.

We will be staying at some nice cabins along the river. The rehearsal dinner and wedding are at an outdoor venue which eases our concerns a bit.

We'll do some sight-seeing and a lot of relaxing by the pool the following week.

SO got her Pfizer booster yesterday so we're feeling good about that. I'm waiting for the final approval for the Moderna vaccine so I can get mine. I may get it in FL if the timing works out.

SO's sister (also in FL) is near the end with pancreatic cancer so that could impact our travel plans.

We plan to return on the 30th.

Andy, I'm surprised you can get your shot in another state. My sister was in OK for their first shot and had to stay as they couldn't get their 2nd one in FL. They wouldn't allow it. But that was awhile ago, maybe the rules have relaxed a bit?

At any rate - Have a great time, try to relax and enjoy yourselves! and yup, stay safe!

Thanks guys.

dragnlaw, That was an assumption on my part. It may not be possible. I figured I cold go to a CVS down there.

Andy, I'm surprised you can get your shot in another state. My sister was in OK for their first shot and had to stay as they couldn't get their 2nd one in FL. They wouldn't allow it. But that was awhile ago, maybe the rules have relaxed a bit?

At any rate - Have a great time, try to relax and enjoy yourselves! and yup, stay safe!
Thanks guys.

dragnlaw, That was an assumption on my part. It may not be possible. I figured I cold go to a CVS down there.
I think it depends on the state. My neighbor got her first shot here and went to NC for the second, while visiting family there.

Andy, you might be able to get a different brand of vaccine for your booster than the one you originally got. I have read that there may be more immunity from "mixing and matching" brands for the booster. Here's an article about the possibility of that being allowed in the US.

Thanks guys.

Andy, I'm pretty sure you can get it at any drugstore down here.
My doctor is giving Moderna already, and has been since the Pfizer was approved. After all, this is Florida. We don' hafta follow no gub'mnt rules!

Not really MIA as I will remain connected. SO and I are traveling to FL for her granddaughter's wedding this weekend. Then we're spending the following week with her sister and BIL...We plan to return on the 30th.
I hope you have a wonderful time at the wedding. I'm sure you'll be glad to enjoy some quality time with family that you haven't seen in a long time.

Thanks. Nope. Flying. I have never driven to FL and, at my current age, I have no desire to do so.
In all of our trips to FL over the years (47 years next month!), we've flown down...four times. I could list them, but why bother? :LOL: Himself has always loved to drive, and I usually take the wheel for a couple hours each day we're on the road. We're lucky in that we've never been pressed for time except when we were young and childless - otherwise Himself had enough vacation time that we didn't have to drive more than 500 miles a day. Now that we're retired, we can take as long as we want!

OH to FL wasn't bad. MA to FL is 200 to 300 miles further. And MA to Phoenix was...:wacko: I still remember the 12 days we drove OH to MA to OH to Phoenix to MA...about 5800 miles in under two weeks. Oy!

Andy, I just learned that Publix is giving both Moderna and Pfizer here - no questions asked. No appointment necessary. Just fill out the form and get your booster. there is a Publlix at every major intersection all across the state, so wherever you'll be, you can get it.

Andy, I just learned that Publix is giving both Moderna and Pfizer here - no questions asked. No appointment necessary. Just fill out the form and get your booster. there is a Publlix at every major intersection all across the state, so wherever you'll be, you can get it.

Thanks, I may try to work that into our plans.

Publix was a favorite grocery store when we were traveling back there.
I'll bet we were in one every day, when they are available, in the SouthEast.
My all time favorite is Wegman's!!! OH MAN!!!

I've had a few members ask why I have been absent lately.
In case others might wonder, I'll fill you in here.

About March, I began to feel badly.
I had difficulty breathing, a loss of appetite, difficulty sleeping and a loss of desire to do most anything, including cooking.

Over the months I was put through a series of medical tests.

It turned out that my greatest problem was AFIB. I, finally, was prescribed a blood thinner and scheduled for a cardioversion, to reset my heart rhythm.

Apparently that procedure was a success as, within a week (actually a short few days) I was back to my normal, grouchy, silly self.

I feel good and even want to cook again. :)

My sweet Jeannie, who does not cook, took over responsibility for feeding us. I had little to no appetite and my taste buds seemed to take a hike. Jeannie thought this good as, as said, cooking isn't her thing. :ermm::LOL:

All better now and I look forward to rejoining into the forum conversations. :)

Ross

Back
Top Bottom