Going MIA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
<<So, it will continue to be sporadic until DH gets my access to the internet over the house wifi working properly. Probably some time tomorrow.>>

Every now and again, it is good to check in with your cell phone provider to see if they have "new packages". A couple of years back, when I did a check in, they had a new package that allowed me to have my Mi-Fi (portable hotspot) "share" the data with our phones for only $20/month instead of the $60/month standalone. I went for that! More recently, when we've been out on long RV trips (reason for having the Mi-Fi), I found that DH's radio shows were gobbling up the data. Even though we have an "unlimited" data plan, they throttle the speed after we exceed a certain usage. So...I went in for another check up and sure enough, they have a better plan with quadruple the data usage, before the throttle. And, the good news is, they now have a better Veteran's discount (triple, I think $30 instead of $10/month)...and if I switch to auto-payment with debit, instead of credit, I get another $20/month discount. After adding up the new discounts, I ended up with the vastly improved plan for the same monthly fee. I liked that!

Just saying, doesn't hurt to ask!

Every now and again, it is good to check in with your cell phone provider to see if they have "new packages". A couple of years back, when I did a check in, they had a new package that allowed me to have my Mi-Fi (portable hotspot) "share" the data with our phones for only $20/month instead of the $60/month standalone. I went for that! More recently, when we've been out on long RV trips (reason for having the Mi-Fi), I found that DH's radio shows were gobbling up the data. Even though we have an "unlimited" data plan, they throttle the speed after we exceed a certain usage. So...I went in for another check up and sure enough, they have a better plan with quadruple the data usage, before the throttle. And, the good news is, they now have a better Veteran's discount (triple, I think $30 instead of $10/month)...and if I switch to auto-payment with debit, instead of credit, I get another $20/month discount. After adding up the new discounts, I ended up with the vastly improved plan for the same monthly fee. I liked that!

Just saying, doesn't hurt to ask!

I don't understand about the Mi-Fi. I just share the data from my phone as a hotspot. I don't pay extra to do that. Also, I seldom use mobile data, so I don't see how this would help. My phone plan comes with 11 GB of mobile data. I do check the website for deals once in a while. If I upgrade the cell phone company's app, I can get an extra five hours of mobile data per month for no extra cost. Mostly I just use our home network's unlimited internet access. If I was travelling a lot, that would be different.

Have a great vacation, Silversage, and stay safe! Looking forward to those photos, and descriptions of all those great foods (and drinks) you will have.

You may say that you don't post often, but think of it as quality over quantity. [emoji6]

Safe travels and have a wonderful time! Looking forward to your report when you return home and get settled back in.

Not sure if there is another MIA thread but,

I have noticed that Florida married couple CraigC and, I believe Medtran, have not posted in a while.

I hope they are well.

Ross

Having computer problems since I let it have a cup of coffee. Had a heck of a time getting here. Will return when I can get it fixed. Probably needs a new coffee portal...

Having computer problems since I let it have a cup of coffee. Had a heck of a time getting here. Will return when I can get it fixed. Probably needs a new coffee portal...

Ya know, Princess, in my experience, computers tend to be wired enough! They don't need the coffee boost!? :ROFLMAO:

Hope your computer woes are soon in the rearview mirror!

Ya know, Princess, in my experience, computers tend to be wired enough! They don't need the coffee boost!? :ROFLMAO:

Hope your computer woes are soon in the rearview mirror!

Generally okay, but can't watch videos, use drop down lists or radio buttons. There are some work arounds but I lose patience.

Has anyone heard from K-Girl?

We PM occasionally but she has not responded to my message of a week ago.

I saw a post on her web site but, no idea if that actually was written on the date stated.

Ross

She hasn't responded to anyones' messages in so far as I know. I feel all is not well with DH and think of them constantly. She may not be reading the posts at the moment but I think and hope she can feel all our collective well wishes.

After a short internet scavenger hunt, I found our K-Girl. She's been a bit busy playing in a different forum. [emoji2955] And here we are all worried about her.

At least we know she's alive and probably well. [emoji1745]

Yes, I'm here, but not all together.
Both DH and I have Covid, but not Mom.
We have been in quarantine since the 4th, not eating much just loads of water.
I'm hoping that this will pass soon.
We're having difficulty breathing, just going to the bathroom takes the wind out of us. We're just trying to stay out of the hospital.
Mostly sleeping and then on the Internet watching movies and yes I do belong to other forums as well as DC.

I do appreciate everyone's concern, and I will check in more often.
I can't contribute anything to the discussion mostly because I'm just trying to get by right now, no cooking/baking/grilling, just frozen TV dinners. :ohmy:
We did one GrubHub delivery from a Chinese joint two towns up and it has inedible!

Back
Top Bottom