Going MIA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
didn't know where to put this so here we go. eye surgery postponed. doctor has ordered many tests, we need to find out why i keep falling. initial ekg showed some beats to slow and some to fast. so next wed. will have a gadget put on to track a 24 hour ekg. could be as simple as a pace maker,. blood work and more blood work. and a head mri, could be problem from one of the early falls,. i would really like to get the bottom of it. i am sick of black eyes, black and blue almost anywhere from falling and time before last stitches in the top of my head. wish for me it is something simple that can be fixed.

I'm so glad this is being looked in to. I worry about you! Lots of hugs and my good thoughts that an answer will be found.:wub:

Babe, you have all my thoughts and prayers and love! Take good care and let us know what they say. {{{{{{{{{{{{{Babetoo!}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Dang, buckaroo...I turn my back for a minute and you start picking your nose again. Seriously, though, hope everything turns out OK for my lil bro

I just wanted to let you guys know now, before the phone starts ringing off the hook again and I won't have time for a while to have my cup of morning coffee with you all. What's been going on lately around here.

My Mother hasn't been doing well. Her health has dramatically been declining this week. My Sister called me and let me know Mom has very little time left. She had no one else on my side of the family to to talk to. She says I'm the best Therapist. Good non judgmental sounding board. We did talk about the final arrangements.
My heart just goes out to her right now. She's been working so hard taking care of Mom, juggling life and family at the same time.

It's been one hell of a roller coaster ride these past few days. I've contacted family members that my Mom has in her mind gone back to. What they once were. She is, in her mind back home. One stunning youthful beauty. Having the time of her life.

I'm happy for her that she's in a place mentally where she wants to be. Thankful that the people that she loves so dearly have the opportunity to talk with her. Hopefully not for the last time. Moms side of the family writes to me often. Every letter or card I receive from them I'd call Mom and read them to her. She just loved that. I have one more that I just received that I hope sometime today that I'll be able to read to her.

In a way this is all a blessing. Hard as it is to know time is short,that were all able to help her tie up loose ties that's been on her mind for a while now. She talked with a few of them last night by phone. I've heard that by the end of their conversations that she had the biggest smile on her face last night. I'm alright, ecstatic about that.

Munky.

Dang, buckaroo...I turn my back for a minute and you start picking your nose again. Seriously, though, hope everything turns out OK for my lil bro

ROFL! thanks, sis. glad to see you here once again.

if i haven't done it already or missed someone, thank you kindly for the wonderful welcome back.

babe, i'll keep you in my thoughts in my daily rosary today. of the things that i've lost over the past few months (my mind being one of them), i've not lost my faith. my petition today will be for you., if that's ok.

and munky, your post about your mom is all about perspective. your mom truely is blessed to have you to take care of her, and those blessings will be repaid to you someday.

Last edited:
I just wanted to let you guys know now, before the phone starts ringing off the hook again and I won't have time for a while to have my cup of morning coffee with you all. What's been going on lately around here.

My Mother hasn't been doing well. Her health has dramatically been declining this week. My Sister called me and let me know Mom has very little time left. She had no one else on my side of the family to to talk to. She says I'm the best Therapist. Good non judgmental sounding board. We did talk about the final arrangements.
My heart just goes out to her right now. She's been working so hard taking care of Mom, juggling life and family at the same time.

It's been one hell of a roller coaster ride these past few days. I've contacted family members that my Mom has in her mind gone back to. What they once were. She is, in her mind back home. One stunning youthful beauty. Having the time of her life.

I'm happy for her that she's in a place mentally where she wants to be. Thankful that the people that she loves so dearly have the opportunity to talk with her. Hopefully not for the last time. Moms side of the family writes to me often. Every letter or card I receive from them I'd call Mom and read them to her. She just loved that. I have one more that I just received that I hope sometime today that I'll be able to read to her.

In a way this is all a blessing. Hard as it is to know time is short,that were all able to help her tie up loose ties that's been on her mind for a while now. She talked with a few of them last night by phone. I've heard that by the end of their conversations that she had the biggest smile on her face last night. I'm alright, ecstatic about that.

Munky.

Hugs, Munky! This just makes me happy knowing that your family has made this the best for your Mom that they can. You are all in my thoughts.

Hugs, Munky! This just makes me happy knowing that your family has made this the best for your Mom that they can. You are all in my thoughts.

+1

Munky, I so know where you and your sister are right now and am proud of you both for your tireless efforts. It is not easy for sure. I was at this point exactly a year ago now when my Dad went to the hospital for the last time. I send you love, prayers and huge hugs. If YOU need a sounding board I am just a PM away. :flowers:

I must apologize because I'm often not verbal enough, but it doesn't mean my thoughts and prayers aren't there as I read. I care so very mush about each of you, and if I mention only a few I'm afraid of leaving someone out. The last several pages of catching up has sincerely tucked you safely into my heart and more importantly, into my prayers. :heart::flowers:

group hug, girls-- dawg, munky...(((((moms))))))
my mother--who can (will ever), love me as much as she?
my mother--my measure
my mother--i miss us
i am us, now....

Vit, you so often put into words what's in my heart. I've been a member of "the motherless daughter club" for 26 years. She was my best friend, and I miss her still. I wrote in my journal shortly after her death..."My mother's laugh, my mother's eyes, she lives in me so no goodbyes."

Last edited:
Vit, you so often put into words what's in my heart. I've been a member of "the motherless daughter club" for 26 years. She was my best friend, and I miss her still. I wrote in my journal shortly after her death..."My mother's laugh, my mother's eyes, she lives in me so no goodbyes."

your journal entry was, and is, a lovely sentiment, kayelle.
btw, there is no age limit for us orphans

My mother has been gone for more than 50 years. She died young. Fifty y.o. Every so often you will notice my reference to my mother. She is the one who taught me how to cook on a wood burning stove. All her lessons have stayed with me and I still use them. :angel:

My Mom has been gone since 06 dad since 02 I miss them both so very much. I can't imagine how hard this is for those of you that this has just happened to. Please know how much I feel for each of you. May HE hold you all close and let you know in some way that HE is there for each of you.
kades

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom