Going MIA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't know exactly why, but I've fallen out of the loop for quite awhile. Actually, a lot of little stuff just kept coming up and haven't really felt like "talking." But the other day I thought, "I should ask someone on DC about that," and realized I had to get back into the loop! Anything new?

Claire, it's so good to have you back with us. We have missed you. How is everything in Galena. Are they decorating for the fall season?

Galena is unchanged (as it has been for a couple hundred years). Maybe because of our terrible winter, no one is in a rush to autumn! Just enjoying the nice weather for now! The only one thinking fall is the chain store (that is to say, the one and only Wal-Mart) where Halloween stuff has been out for well over a month!

Glad to see you here again, Claire!

Well, the passports finally came, I was able to register us for boarding online, got our excursions and other fun things booked. So it looks like Friday at 5 pm PDT, TB and I will be waving from our balcony and setting sail for Alaska. We have limited Wifi while on board so I may stop in with pictures but with all the getting ready and then the cruise I will be on sporadically from now until Friday Sept. 19th.

I am so happy this is working out! Our honeymoon cruise after 13 years! :)

One of our "indulgences" (that's the category it is in) is a dinner in the fine dining restaurant which for one night gets transformed into the famous New York "Le Cirque" restaurant. That is really exciting!

Here's wishing you and TB a great time! SO and her daughter are on a Caribbean cruise right now and will be stopping in Puerto Rico tomorrow and St. Martin the next day.

...So it looks like Friday at 5 pm PDT, TB and I will be waving from our balcony and setting sail for Alaska. We have limited Wifi while on board so I may stop in with pictures but with all the getting ready and then the cruise I will be on sporadically from now until Friday Sept. 19th.

I am so happy this is working out! Our honeymoon cruise after 13 years! :)...
Wishing you and TB a wonderful long-delayed honeymoon cruise :wub: ! Don't worry about us, we can wait until you get back before we need to see pics. Just enjoy yourselves.

I know you'll have a wonderful time Laurie.

When you get to the boarding terminal, be sure to request a wheel chair when you enter. They will accommodate you without a problem, and you will need it, as the lines can be very long getting booked in, and the walk through a long series of ramps up to the ship would be very taxing considering your health problems. Unless you have priority boarding, can take a VERY long time before you'll be in your room.

Have fun, and enjoy every minute!!

Here's another hint Laurie.

Shortly after sailing there will be an announcement about where, and what time you'll be required to show up at your muster station. Make note of the time and be there about a half hour BEFORE time with your life jacket. This way you can find a seat and not have to take the stairs, as once the alarm is sounded, the elevators are locked. You don't want to deal with stairs and standing room only.

Last edited:
Have a wonderful time, Laurie and TB! :)

Kayelle, I want to thank you for your advice to Laurie, too. DH and I are going on our 30th anniversary cruise in February and these tips are helpful for me, too. I'm planning to have a motorized scooter by then, too.

Back
Top Bottom