Going MIA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Glad you made it back safely, beth! And only 4000 miles? When we moved from OH to MA, we ended up having to head back to OH a couple days later just so we could drive our son back to college...at Arizona State U! We logged over 5200 miles in less than two weeks, and lived to tell about it. :LOL: Can't wait till you can tell us all about your trip.

I know we are trying to stay off this topic but I just have to speak to Addie for a moment.

I have no children and I don't work outside the home. But it is not by choice - my health issues make it impossible for me to work and that is something I have a hard time dealing with. And, it also makes it difficult sometimes to do what I should be doing in the home.

Okay, I have said my peace and will speak of it no further.

Can you tell where we went?:D

First off we ran into the torrential rains at Amarillo and a tornado out side of Oklahoma City. Had to change our route to avoid more bad weather and cancel hotel reservations. We just winged it from there. Had a wonderful time in Ohio visiting friends, on to DC to visit family, back to Ohio for more visiting and then to Iowa with 3 stops. Had to see the motorcycle museum and took time to (re)visit Mahaska County where 14 ancestors are buried. I hadn't been there for 10 years. We had a great time!

Attachments

• DSCN3521.jpg
    DSCN3521.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 160
  • DSCN3540.jpg
    DSCN3540.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 152
  • DSCN3553.jpg
    DSCN3553.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 164
  • DSCN3573.jpg
    DSCN3573.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 167
Okay kids, time out. Raising kids and having to work outside the home are tough.

Remember that we're all friends here.

Welcome back, PF! When is the closing? Do you love your new job? Do they treat you right? How is Shrek holding up? XOXOX

Hi Z! Work very good, loving it. Shrek doing well, more active at this point. Closing around July 30th.

I will be back sporadically again. Unless I can swing a WiFi hot spot in the neighborhood, I will only be posting from Mom's house for the next month. Don't see any sense in signing up for 1 month's worth of Internet. We also will be without a TV for the month. Wish I knew which box my portable DVD player is in...

on edit: Duh!!! I can play movies on the laptop. Need more coffee.

Last edited:
Hi, chaps. Still out of home internet connections. Hope to be sorted next week. Have had to manage with the PC in the library but only allowed i hour a day so trying to fit everything in is a bit of a pain in the neck.

Hope you are all well and feeling chipper. How did the move go PF? I gather from your post above that you are still staying at your mum's.

Hi, chaps. Still out of home internet connections. Hope to be sorted next week. Have had to manage with the PC in the library but only allowed i hour a day so trying to fit everything in is a bit of a pain in the neck.

Hope you are all well and feeling chipper. How did the move go PF? I gather from your post above that you are still staying at your mum's.

Gee MC, we haven't heard from PF in a while. The house they thought they were getting fell through. So they found a "rent to buy" house just down the street from the first house. There was a family living in it and they have to move out so PF and Shrek can do the closing. Just another glick in the works. She is working her regular job and still trying to get other things done. :angel:

Hi, chaps. Still out of home internet connections. Hope to be sorted next week...
Hi MC! I was just thinking of you last night, wondering if you had fallen off the face of the earth. And, now, here you are!
smiley-happy105.gif
It will be good to see you back here on a regular basis soon, since your stories of Tetley and your new kitty, who's name has slipped my mind... :ermm: are very entertaining.

According to PF, they were supposed to move into their house on July 15th. Sure hope everything went smoothly for them. She's been gone from DC a long time. It will be nice to see her back here posting regularly. Besides, none of up have picked up the slack on the "recalls" thread. :ermm: I sure hope we've all been safe in her absence! :ohmy:

According to PF, they were supposed to move into their house on July 15th. Sure hope everything went smoothly for them. She's been gone from DC a long time. It will be nice to see her back here posting regularly. Besides, none of up have picked up the slack on the "recalls" thread. :ermm: I sure hope we've all been safe in her absence! :ohmy:

I was laying down trying to get my tummy to settle down and then jump in the shower. I just couldn't get the thoughts of PF out of my mind. You must have been reading my mind. I jumped up to post just about the same thing. I have been missing her something fierce this past week. Then tonight I saw the ad for the musical at a local theater for Shrek. That just made me feel worse. If they were able to move in this week, hopefully we will hear from her by the end of next week at the latest. Have to give her time to get her Internet connection at least. Shrek can unpack while she is on line and catching up. I hope he is doing well also. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom