Going MIA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
(((Hugs))) Kgirl. God bedring (Danish for good bettering) to you and your DH. I'm glad your mum didn't catch it too. Is she staying somewhere else?

K-Girl!

Is there any way that you can get a doc to prescribe you monoclonal antibodies? They are a miracle for the Delta and Omicron strains.

The literally dozens of family, friends, and co-workers that I know that contracted Covid, having full on symptoms and really were suffering through it got the anti-bodies. They all felt much better in about 3 days.

It seems miraculous, but that's just a perspective thing.

Yes, I'm here, but not all together.
Both DH and I have Covid, but not Mom.
We have been in quarantine since the 4th, not eating much just loads of water.
I'm hoping that this will pass soon.
We're having difficulty breathing, just going to the bathroom takes the wind out of us. We're just trying to stay out of the hospital.
Mostly sleeping and then on the Internet watching movies and yes I do belong to other forums as well as DC.

I do appreciate everyone's concern, and I will check in more often.
I can't contribute anything to the discussion mostly because I'm just trying to get by right now, no cooking/baking/grilling, just frozen TV dinners. :ohmy:
We did one GrubHub delivery from a Chinese joint two towns up and it has inedible!
Devil of a virus, isn't it, K-Girl? Sorry you guys are having such a rough time. Glad your Mom is avoiding it.

I'm pretty sure most of us belong to other forums, but do they worry about the members as much as those of us at DC? :angel: Don't let not having anything to contribute cooking-wise stop you from not poking your head up to let us know you're still alive. That hasn't stopped a lot of us from blathering. :LOL: You take care of yourself and get well soon. Miss you posting regular-like.

LOL, Kgirl, hang in there! Welcome back.

and now for something completely different, leaving in about 1/2 an hour to have a bunch of holes punched in my gut for a Sigmoid Resection. Wheee - fun and games.

I've had to do a few purges in my life, usually ending with my blood pressure dropping and passing out. Last night was no exception.

Absolutely miserable night so thought I'd share and make your mornings misery at least for a second or two. :LOL: or even maybe give you a chuckle & hopeful prayer it is not you rushing for and sitting on the can.

Can't take my laptop, am allowed my phone but I don't do well on the internet with that thing. So guess I'm gone until about Sat and will talk to you all then.

Hey, Kgirl, think of some nice cool soothing yogurt. Maybe with some Meyer Lemon Curd on it?

My thoughts are with you Dragn, have let the dragonettes know and they are on their way home. They have been teasing kittens lately. My love and hugs going forth.

Sorry to hear about that dragnlaw. Prayers and positive thoughts for you, in the procedure, as well as quick recovery.

Last edited:
I have tried so hard not to say that I hope everything comes out OK after researching the sigmoid thing, so... I won't.

Just get better, asap. We're in your corner.

Well it is 2 am. To the best of my knowledge it has been a success. But it does hurt! LOL less by the minute. Yeah Bucky, I researched it too, even though the doctor explained fully what he was doing I had not looked it up first it would have gone right over my head.
Thanks everyone for the well-wishing, it worked! I think I will pull through.

Tarnation Bucky I just caught your joke!. My sister, God bless her soul, asked if they were going to save some to make chitlings. I asked her if she thought I was a pig! [emoji35]
When I asked the OR nurses if they would do that she was disgusted when I explained what chitlins were. And then suggested that maybe cerviche would be better!

Back
Top Bottom