Going MIA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
This thread is intended for letting folks know when you're going to be away for a bit. Not a few hours, but more in the range of a few days or weeks (or longer). Just drop a note here so that we can stop worrying.

This is a great idea, Alix!!

I'll be in a plane over the Pacific at dinnertime tonight. My older son arrived in Honolulu yesterday with his bride-to be and their four teenagers. Steve and I are bringing my younger son and his wife as a surprise for the beach wedding tomorrow morning. I can't wait to see the look on Joey's face when he sees his only brother will be there after all. Can you tell I'm excited??
See you in a week........happy cooking.

Aloha.....:flowers:

Sorry I hadn't been in much lately and I may not be in much the next few days or so. My mom is in the hospital with pneumonia and congestive heart failure. Looks like the state of care in the hospital has gone to hell, so i have to be at the hospital most of the time. Hopefully she will regain her strength and be able to go home soon. I'll be back a postin' soon!! :)

Nikki, thanks for letting us know.

I know all about caring for a parent and I commend you for staying with her. You really need to be on your toes making sure our elderly loved ones get the right care.

Write when you can and know I am sending love and prayers for both of you. {{{{{{{{{{Nikki and her Mom}}}}}}}}}}

Sorry I hadn't been in much lately and I may not be in much the next few days or so. My mom is in the hospital with pneumonia and congestive heart failure. Looks like the state of care in the hospital has gone to hell, so i have to be at the hospital most of the time. Hopefully she will regain her strength and be able to go home soon. I'll be back a postin' soon!! :)
I've missed your posts, nikki. I'm very sorry to hear about your Mom's troubles and I hope her health improves soon. Keep those nurses in line!

My appearances maybe sparse from now through to Friday. I have shopping and an Ladies' Night Out today, then have out of town trips tomorrow and Thursday so will probably sleep in Friday.

Tomorrow is a breathing test to determine why my asthma is stuck in chronic mode and Thursday is my long awaited appointment to assess whether I am a suitable candidate for the Chronic Pain Clinic 2 month day program. This is something I really need to keep me on the right track to managing my chronic pain and being able to live a close to normal as possible life!

I just didn't want anyone worrying I have left again.

My appearances maybe sparse from now through to Friday. I have shopping and an Ladies' Night Out today, then have out of town trips tomorrow and Thursday so will probably sleep in Friday.

Tomorrow is a breathing test to determine why my asthma is stuck in chronic mode and Thursday is my long awaited appointment to assess whether I am a suitable candidate for the Chronic Pain Clinic 2 month day program. This is something I really need to keep me on the right track to managing my chronic pain and being able to live a close to normal as possible life!

I just didn't want anyone worrying I have left again.
Well, good luck at your Pain Clinic appontment! I hope it works out just as you desire!

Enjoy your sleep-in! I love being able to turn over and just go back to sleep on some mornings!

My sister (Purple Alien Giraffe) asked me to let everyone know that she probably won't be on for a couple of weeks. She sent her phone through a wash cycle and it didn't survive. :( She's in the process of moving, so that was the only way she had to get on here. She'll be back when she can be!

My sister (Purple Alien Giraffe) asked me to let everyone know that she probably won't be on for a couple of weeks. She sent her phone through a wash cycle and it didn't survive. :( She's in the process of moving, so that was the only way she had to get on here. She'll be back when she can be!

Thanks Sprout! Been missing her, just figured she was busy!

LP, have fun!! :LOL:

Nikki, take care of your Mom, we can handle things here.

My moms out of the hospital and doing well considering. I moved her in with me until she regains her strength. Her problems stem from years of cigarette smoking. For the past two to three weeks she hasn't smoked. Well, as of yesterday she started fussing about wanting a cig. What can ya do but she's not smoking in my house, lol. I hate cigs. So I got her some patches and I hope that will hold her until she's able to be back at home.....but I doubt it. She'd be in much better health if she'd quit. But I guess we all have our vices.

Thank you all for the kind and encouraging words.

jusnikki said:
My moms out of the hospital and doing well considering. I moved her in with me until she regains her strength. Her problems stem from years of cigarette smoking. For the past two to three weeks she hasn't smoked. Well, as of yesterday she started fussing about wanting a cig. What can ya do but she's not smoking in my house, lol. I hate cigs. So I got her some patches and I hope that will hold her until she's able to be back at home.....but I doubt it. She'd be in much better health if she'd quit. But I guess we all have our vices.

Thanks for the update, Nikki! Good for you for being so supportive of, and helpful to your mom.

Talk to her about using Chantix, Nikki. It was a miracle drug for me. Maybe then she can be quit for good.

Good Luck and Bless You for taking her in.

I am not sure of my participation over the next week. With the holidays, doctor appointments and now Dad being ill again, I may have no time or lots of time (while being up making sure he is okay).

I am not sure of my participation over the next week. With the holidays, doctor appointments and now Dad being ill again, I may have no time or lots of time (while being up making sure he is okay).

Love you, take care of your dad! Peek in on Christmas Eve and let us know how you are doing!:wub:

Back
Top Bottom